Do other medications not related to MAV make your symptoms worse?

Yes, for sure–most antibiotics trigger my MAV. I have a strong feeling it’s due to an additive, preservative, or, most likely, food-based ingredient, because my ONLY other triggers for MAV are food-based. In the past, I’ve asked for Erythromycin, because I remember doing well on it, but I’m thinking you could try asking for a different brand or formulation of your same drug, and if that doesn’t work, a different antibiotic. In my case, I also try to get capsules, rather than tablets–less coloring and inactive ingredients. You can also try to research the inactive ingredients for different options and brands, and see if you can find the formulation with the fewest suspect ingredients–maybe consider injections, even?

About vitamins: Many vitamins trigger MAV for me, and multivitamins are out of the question. I take single vitamins, and add or change only one at a time during a period in which my diet is very clean. And certain brands are much better–I really, really like Ecological Formulas (aka Cardiovascular Research on some labels). You can order directly from them, and I’ve even chatted with a scientist in their lab when I had questions. Their Co-Enzyme B Complex is the only B vitamin I have ever been able to tolerate, and their magnesium solution is pure magnesium in distilled water, highly absorbable, and the single most helpful thing I have ever taken. (I’ve taken these for 24 years!) I’ve also done well with Country Life–fewer inactive ingredients, no dairy, reputable brand, tolerated well.