Hi I'm new. Here's my story

Hi there,

I started experiencing MAV when I was about 12. I’ve suffered ever since. Luckily I don’t suffer too much. I tend to get cluster migraines with vertigo. My experiences vary from feeling like I’m on a boat to being totally floored and unable to move. The longest episode I’ve experienced lasted 16 hours. I can never really tell how intense they are going to be. I hate the unpredictability of them. It has interfered with my work st times. Over the years I’ve corne to realise that my main triggers are petrochemical smells and stress (mainly when a high level of testosterone is released into the body). Coffee and dark chocolate are also triggers but sometimes I simply can’t identify what the trigger is. I’m now 49 and noticing that I’m suffering more often but with less intensity, I’m also wondering whether my hormonal changes could be affecting the condition? Does anyone have any advise regarding this? Has anyone ever managed to stop a migraine once it has begun? Unfortunately I never have. :frowning: I don’t know anyone else who suffers so have never been able to give or receive support. So any advice & tips see most welcome. Many thanks.