Nortriptyline weight gain ;(

I was just wondering if anyone can offer me some advice. I started back on nortriptyline 9 weeks ago and I seem to be gaining weight. I managed to lose weight on it when I was on it 2 years ago so I’m not sure why it’s happening now. I track everything I eat, my appetite hasn’t increased and I exercise daily. Has anyone had this experience and can reassure me that this will balance itself out? I honestly think I’m slowing the weight gain down from eating healthily and and exercising but I’m just gutted to be getting bigger.

Any help appreciated :slight_smile:

I had a little weight gain, raised blood pressure, increased fatigue and definitely constipation (which may add to weight gain). But my doctor only had me on the medication for 3 months. When I got back to 10 mgs at the end, all the symptoms disappeared. It is all worth it. Make sure you strictly follow the diet for now, also. You must do the whole thing for success. There are many supportive articles on this site, as well as at mine. Good luck. (vertigotalesandtastes.blogspot.com)