One year report after symptoms began

Hi all,

Following four years of severe work stress I eventually burnt out. After approx five weeks or so of leave and starting to feel better awoke one morning with numerous symptoms eventually diagnosed two months later as Vestibular Migraine. Over the following weeks the stress, VM also exasperated PTSD. One year plus later whilst dizziness frequency has reduced by approx 60% the severity has not, nor has the plethora of other VM symptoms, burnout and aggravated PTSD.

Had to give up my job as unable to work. Stop driving so I don’t have an accident etc.

Whatever your situation plug along and manage each day as it comes. Don’t compare days, rather look has the last few months been better or worse - try and get into a routine, adjust diet, keep on trying meds until you find one that works for you.

Whilst I do not know if or when I may be able to work, and how much, what capacity etc again - adjusting to my “new normal” is a significant amount of work in itself, challenging, frustrating and sometimes humorous!

You really find out whom your friends are and also appreciate the value of family!!!