Sandomigran has become less effective

Hi Andrea

When I was first diagnosed with vestibular migraines I was prescribed Sandomigrane. It took a few weeks to start working and probably a month and a half - two months of titrating up to 3 x 0.5 mg before bed each night to really give me full relief. It did though give me complete relief of my symptoms (which were 24/7) after that time I was back to 95 % mostly and I found the drug to be amazing. All of the side effects, which were only really drowsiness, increased apetite and some increased dizziness subsided completely after 2 -3 months and I did’nt even notice any side effects after that.
Unfortunately after about 4 years the sando has lost it’s efficacy for me. I think it is because I was felling so normal after being on it for a few years I tried coming off it completely and then my symptoms returned after a while. I then tried upping the dose again and it never really was as effective as it was before.
Anyways, best of luck with it. I found it to be very effective indeed but you do need to stick at it.
At times I would get up to 6 x 0.5mg per day but for the most part was on 3 x 0.5 mg at night. I didnt have any trouble with alcohol interaction either.
Hope this is of some help to you. :slight_smile: