Zoloft side effects

I know some of you experienced insomnia on Zoloft. Did it ever go away? I’ve been on it for 5 weeks and am still having insomnia and increased anxiety. I’m still on the beginning dose (25 mg) and needing to take Ambien every night in order to sleep. It’s very weird because I’m tired all day long but I can’t sleep at night. I’m trying to decide if I should continue & hope these side effects go away or if it’s time to try something else. Did anyone else have these side effects on zoloft and how long until they resolved?

Hi Dizzygrl,
Sorry you are still not sleeping. Not a good combo with MAV. I have not personally taken zoloft (yet), but I was wondering what time of day you take it? I know a number of people who have taken it and had less trouble with insomnia by taking it first thing in the morning. Have you tried taking it in the morning? Has it helped any of your MAV symptoms?
Lisa

I tried Zoloft and lasted two weeks, the insomia was very difficult. It made my rocking, and headaches much worse. It’s too bad as I had high hopes since a friend had good luck with it and she continues to take it. Not a cure but a help.

Sally

Nausea, dry mouth, increased sweating, drowsiness, diarrhea, upset stomach or difficulty sleeping may occur. Symptoms of an overdose of Zoloft can include dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, palpitations, anxiety, tremors, confusion, convulsions and coma. In this way, you can see which side effects, how often they occur and how they compared to the group not to take drugs.

Hi William,

Thanks for the info but I think most here are pretty clued up on the side effects of these medications. We are all collective pros to be honest because as migraineurs, all we put up with are side effects. It’s a day in the life!

Scott

Hi Scott -

I would appreciate if you could respond if you end up reading this (or anyone else, for that matter).

OK, so my GP decided to add 25 mg of Zoloft to my 50 mg Nortriptyline (the Nort. is helping only partially). I got so bad on the Zoloft that I had to quit after 15 days. I really felt as thought I was dying. I had body aches all over, my muscles felt inflamed, my had was exploding with headaches, I had paresthesias, increased dizziness, etc… The more I stuck with it, the worse it got, day by day.

Anyway, so I stopped it without tapering since my GP said I’ve taken such a small dose (25 mg) for such a short time (15 days). This is the 6th day of being off it. I feel much worse than before I got on the Zoloft. My heart feels funny, my arms are shaky, my dizziness is worse, I feel kind of like I have the flu. I know these are withdrawal sx but could withdrawal really be possible give the dosage and duration I was on it? I keep thinking it’s gotta be something else and I feel so discouraged.

Can anyone answer if they experienced withdrawal after such small exposure to an SSRI?

Thanks so much, everyone :slight_smile: