2001 triggered me

I was watching the movie 2001 this afternoon and was triggered by one of the scenes. I wasn’t even looking at the screen, it was some of the odd music in the scene, just a bunch of different voices going “aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” forever. I could feel things inside my head being tossed around in synch with with the variations of the voices. Needless to say, I turned the channel and didn’t finish the movie. I just think it is funny how some of the simplest things can trigger us.

I’ve known that I can be triggered by sounds for ages. Even before all this started up I couldn’t listen to an old Eric Clapton song without my head being thrown around to the rhythm of the guitar.

Brian – whatever you do, don’t watch a 3D film. I was screwed up after watching Avatar for 3 days! Hope you’re feeling good again now.

Cheers

I actually took my son to see it for his birthday in 3-D. I had to take Valium, before during and after. :lol:

— Begin quote from “Brian B”

I actually took my son to see it for his birthday in 3-D. I had to take Valium, before during and after. :lol:

— End quote

That’s interesting Brian, I found the plot (if you can call it that) of Avatar had the same effect on me as Valium :lol:

Sorry Vic - I don’t think in any way you can call the strings of dialogue strung together with special effects a plot. Flashy, yes. A plot, no

:smiley:

— Begin quote from “lorcalon”

Sorry Vic - I don’t think in any way you can call the strings of dialogue strung together with special effects a plot. Flashy, yes. A plot, no

:smiley:

— End quote

There was dialogue? :lol:

YEs - if you include the grunts :lol:

that reminds me of the Bourne series of movies that came out - all that camera shaking - yuk. there are shows on tv that do that too and i can’t watch them at all.

chris

Hey Brian ,
It’s sounds a bit like tullio’s phenomenom to me.
You have both Meniers and Migraine ?
I wonder if Tullio’s phenomenom happens with migraine?
I’ll have to go looky…
jen

hey just found this Brian , it is possible to have tullio’s phenomenom if you have meneirs due to vestibular changes via accoustic pressure changes,
This might explain why you fall down some times , as I think you put it, sounds similar to hydrops.

tinyurl.com/48atb5y

jen

Jenny,

I want to call this sound induced phenomena as Tullio’s. I can’t really for two reasons. First, Tullio’s is usually related to loud sounds. All that I need is to have a sound moving really quickly, or worbling, and I can get set off. Volume doesn’t matter. The other reason is that this goes back to child hood. I have never been able to listen to Eric Clapton’s song Layla, I can remember as a child trying to hold my supper down while it played on the radio. Queen’s “A Night at the Opera” album has several songs that can bother me as well unless I sit far enough away from the speakers that I can’t hear them panning channels. The list of music that has created motion within my head goes on and on.

I wish I knew what to call it, just so that I could slap a label on it. :roll:

i can’t really go to movie theaters any more - waaaaay too loud i’d have to wear earplugs. i prefer movies at home i remember buying some bose speakers and OMG i had to take them back - lowest setting was still too loud and basey - high pitched sounds drive me insane too.

chris