4 days on nortriptyline

Anyone else getting really tired? I’m just exhausted by night time. I hope the tiredness goes away. Then again, I would keep the tiredness if it means the dizziness goes away :slight_smile: I just want to feel like myself again.

I am more tired the first half of the day on nori. At night I am more awake which stinks. I took my dose an hour ago (second night) and I’m really kinda dizzy now. I hate meds! I’m just hoping these will work eventually!

I took my first dose last night, and I was lucky not to have any increased symptoms from it. But I just got really tired an hour ago!

Is it normal to have increased dizziness? The dizziness, whirly feeling is back in a big way all day :frowning:

The first week I was more dizzy on 10mg. I upped my dose to 20mg Thursday and of course I’m more dizzy. I hoping it calms down once I’m past the first week of the new dose. :frowning:

— Begin quote from “amc561”

Is it normal to have increased dizziness? The dizziness, whirly feeling is back in a big way all day :frowning:

— End quote

From what Ive seen, its pretty common to feel more symptomatic during the first week or two of a new med. This is because migraine does NOT like change, and even a positive change will add to the fire of migraine.

But just because you felt worse after the first dose does not always mean you will always feel worse when increasing your dose. Im pretty sure ive seen a few cases where increasing the dose got rid of side effects.

If you still have negative effects of nori after a few weeks on your new dose, then it may be your brains way of telling you it doesnt need the nori. Im not an expert, but I think a lot of people would agree.

Luckily for me I am tolerating 10mg Nori very well with no side effects, other than mild dry mouth. But Id say this is not necessarily a predictor of therapeutic success, it just makes life a little easier. I plan to go to 20mg after about 2 weeks, maybe even a little sooner. Im in a bit of a hurry lol.

Glad to hear it is normal that it can make symptoms worse. The rocking sensation is bad today, it feels like I’m walking on a floating raft and the floor is moving up and down with the waves, it’s starting to make me feel nauseous. It’s been 1 week of nortrip, no dry mouth for me and no weight gain so far. The exhaustion seems to have let up too.

Well Tuesday will be a month on Nortriptyline! Going up to 20mg was pretty tough but ok now. I am very very slightly better. My neck is still killing me though. My stomach is really bothering me on the nori. I already had GERD and a hiatal hernia and the nori seems to make the pain worse. I’m gonna call the doc about that tomorrow. Still waiting for the sleepiness to go but it’s been a month so I might be stuck with that :frowning: . I am gonna wait a little longer and maybe ask the doc to move up to 30mg to see if there’s any more improvement. How are all you doing on it?

— Begin quote from “amc561”

Glad to hear it is normal that it can make symptoms worse. The rocking sensation is bad today, it feels like I’m walking on a floating raft and the floor is moving up and down with the waves, it’s starting to make me feel nauseous. It’s been 1 week of nortrip, no dry mouth for me and no weight gain so far. The exhaustion seems to have let up too.

— End quote

Im so glad that I went back and reread the Nori posts. I got the new feeling of being on a boat, 4 days before I started Nori. But it seems like within 1-2 hrs after taking it, the wavy, rocky feeling gets worse. Its like when Any part of my body moves, when it stops, I feel like its still in motion. Its different than my norm a 1 1/2 weeks ago. So hopefully the nori isdoing it and it will stop soon. Im on day 5. Only se I have is well, Im needing to eat more fiber… but thats not working.

K

Ive been on 10mg for almost 2 weeks with the only side effect of dry mouth. I guess Im one of the lucky ones that is not made dizzier at first, lets see if I stay lucky when I increase my dose. I actually feel that the med is starting to work a tiny bit.

Kristina, I can tell that this med would be constipating at higher doses.

I’ve been on it now for a bit over 2 weeks and finally the dizziness seems to be getting better! I’m so excited but also worried/cautious that it could hit anytime so I’m trying to not be too happy about it. So far i’m going into a whole day and a half of no dizzies, i haven’t had more than a day free from it in almost 3 months.

As far as side effects, the fatigue is mostly gone, no dry mouth, if my head hurts it hurts very badly, I’ve had some loss of appetite and seem to have lost 1.5 lbs! I am being careful and trying to eat healthier but having no appetite has made it easier. I did gain about 6 lbs since the whole MAV thing started 14 months ago. Pretty soon I might actually make it to the gym and get my life back. :smiley:

Oh, i wanted to mention I started taking 500mg of magnesium daily as well.

That’s wonderful news! I’m sure you are so glad to have some relief. I really hope it helps the rest of us trialing it! Thanks for the info!!

Well, the dizzies hit a little bit ago, I did make it a whole day and a half… Not sure what triggered it :frowning:

I’m glad you are getting some relief from it. I haven’t so far. I am only on 20mg and have only been taking nort for a month. I think I’ll ask the do to titrate up to 30mg and see if that helps. :frowning:

Update: Ive been 20mg for 5 days. The past few days were inconclusive because my job required me to miss sleep. Missing sleep sometimes makes me feel better, and sometimes makes me feel worse. My symptoms changed today. Im feeling good when sitting still, but looking down triggers vertigo, and I have never had this happen before. The vertigo from looking down is pretty bad, and I think missing sleep messed me up a little bit, but this should get better once I have a few normal nights of sleep.

Before all this crap started, I always noticed that sleep loss made me off balance. I used to have to wake up early for work and I would notice that I would fall over easily and lose my balance.

Just wanted to update, I’ve been dizzy free since Friday! I accomplished so much over the weekend, I’m astonished me how much I did and made me realize just how debilitating being dizzy is! I’ve decided since I’m doing so well I’m not upping my dose. By the way, the couple pounds came back. Oh well… at least I’m not gaining.

Couple of new things happening, the fatigue is gone, now, I can stay up much later at night than before, I’m thinking maybe being dizzy all day zapped my energy and starting out on nortrip just made it worse (but it also made my dizziness much much worse). So i have more energy then I can remember. Also, the lightheadedness that comes about when getting up too quickly is still there.

How’s everyone else doing?

This is such great news. Amc…what dose are you on and how long have you been on it?

That’s wonderful, amazing news! I am so happy for you! I just upped mine to 20mg and definitely notice improvement.

I’m on 10mg and have been on it for a little over 3 weeks. Still doing good! no dizzies in 6 days! :smiley:

That’s great! Maybe this was your ‘cure’! I’ve been on 20 for 3 weeks with no improvement at all. The brain fog is much worse. I’m gonna give 20 another week then call the doc and see if I should titrate up to 30 :frowning: