8 Months of this so far..

Sorry you are experiencing this also Kara. Yup none of this is nice at all.

References to a SIGN preventative guideline link I posted back ago I suspect. Link from the Search facility here not currently working. It seems the document was moved owing to Covid. At least thatā€™s what it says. You can probably still find it out on the internet.

Docs want me on an extended release prop instead of instant? Is this the more popular method?!

Hi Greg, yes itā€™s the more common form of release. It suits me best and Iā€™m on 160mg pp. Others will reply Iā€™m sure. Take care, Elaine

I am in England and always jon immediate release Propranolol as is my friend who only last year stopped her migraines totally in days simply by starting 120mg immediate release. If you read the Scottish SIGN guidelines they actually state immediate release as recommended over extended release. Personally I couldnā€™t take extended release even if I wanted but it has never been suggested that I try. I would be interested to know what advantages are being envisaged apart from the obvious and the fact that compliance is apparently directly correlated with daily number of doses. May just be matter of preference. No reason either shouldnā€™t work I suppose. Some titrate on immediate to facilitate low and slow then moved to extended release. Strangely the two arenā€™t exact equivalents which I find hard to comprehend. Seems really peculiar that to me.

Struggling with severe ear pressure/muffled right ear out of absolutely nowhere!! Was doing readonably well. Any tips??

Hello All. Still going along with 80mg extended release prop. Been back out exercising etc and seem to be coping for now. Working full time also. Has anyone ever experienced weight gain especially around the abdominal area?? Doc says this isnt propranolol as not common but thought Id ask here. I am well aware my physical levels had dropped from regular football to none and maybe that!!

I agree with your doctor. Unlikely to be the Propranolol. Unless, of course, itā€™s water retention or bloating but Wright gain, no. Iā€™ve been on Propranolol five years now at much higher doses than you are and Iā€™ve not put on any weight thankfully despite being less active than pre-MAV going chronic.

Is the feeling of leg spasms and general body tingling quite common? I have also tried explaining what I feel are like little brain zaps to me? Please re-assure me!

Sorry you are struggling, but please use search, it may help to reassure you:

https://mvertigo.org/search?q=leg%20spasms

https://mvertigo.org/search?q=brain%20zaps

1 Like

I currently have ā€œbrain zapsā€ as well. Although they feel more like a sword that is thrust into my brain, from the back of the left side to the front of the right side of my head. They only occur when I get up from lying down on my left side. They have improved over the last 2 1/2 weeks, the size of the ā€œswordā€ is getting smaller. I hope theyā€™ll disappear altogether soon.

Hello All.

After having a reasonably okay time of things the last few months I cant seem to shake it off again. I am now at the point where I am not even sure it is VM.

The number 1 area which affects me is my ears. If they are bad life is bad. The ear fullness pressure and 10 second lout ringing accompanies by a miserable couple of hours before the brain calms again.

My new symptom which I beleive is getting worse is general body aches and pains. My chest, back, neck and shoulders. Im like an 80 year old manā€¦ IM 31!! The shoudler pain/tightness/stiffness in particular is very bad.

I am at the point I am concerned it could be MS or even fibromyalgia. Is anyone similar???

I donā€™t feel like I get taken seriously anymore by anyone so just wanted some re-assurance :frowning:

Greg

I think in any case ears are intimately involved in most peopleā€™s situations.

@Dave recently had an MS diagnosis.

We shouldnā€™t diagnose here, youā€™d need to get those things ruled out by someone qualified.

Youā€™ll get through this bad patch, Greg, just like the last time! Any idea what may have kicked it off?

I just feel I am battling this every day in some shape for form. I feel now if I fully list all my symptoms people will think Iā€™ve lost the plot.

I wasnā€™t sure if body aches and pains was something to really be an issue with migraine?

No idea, just feel like its slowly wriggled its way back? Weather maybeā€¦? Barely noticed it during the summer.