A bizarre trigger

David, are they marigold rubber gloves, or the flowery ones with fluffy wrists that Agi wears in “how clean is your house” :lol:

It is worrying when we think that what we put on our skin gets absorbed. I have had loads of trouble with face creams (mostly coming up in blotches). I remember me and my mum going for a make over (sort of) and they chucked the same make up on both of us (mum was 60 and I was 29 at the time) The next day my neck had the most awful rash, it was embarrassing to go to work like that. Every face cream I used, my eyes would start watering and my skin would get a rash. I had to use hypoallergenic mascara or my eyelids would swell up. Then I developed a nickel rash (highly allergic to nickel), the list is endless.

I tried listing the ingredients of a cream I had tried and had a bad reaction to, it was half a page long!

My 21 year old daughter is forever spraying cheap sweet perfume on (ugh) or very smelly hairspray. Its a nightmare. I hate all perfume.

Oddly enough, I have never noticed a reaction from hand creams either, probably because I use it then sort of wash it off by washing my hands immediately. I got in the habit of this when I had the cats, was always worried about transferring anything to their fur and them lick it off.

Hubby uses no creams, potions and lotions. He doesnt know what a headache is!

Christine

This is very interesting Scott, because I experimented with some “anti-aging” facial creams that I used to put on my face every night. I decided to stop taking them for a while to see what would happen. It seemed to help my MAV, but I wasn’t sure. So I tried putting them on my face after I had been off of them for about a month and the next day I got hit hard. In fact, the symptoms I get from the creams not only aggravate my dizziness, but they also cause a weird pain and tingling in my head. That pain and tingling only comes after I put the creams on. It is so weird because I used to put the creams on my face for several months before I ended up getting MAV and was just fine. Anyway, you said you are 90% sure, well I am 100% sure the creams affect me and it isn’t from the scent because you really can’t smell them. Sometimes I used to wonder if the chemicals in the creams caused my condition, but I realize it is most likely just a trigger not a cause. By the way, yes I am a guy and I can’t believe I just admitted to using “anti-aging” facial creams.:frowning:

Ryan

— Begin quote from “scott”

Hand cream. No joke.

— End quote

OMG you really ARE a space alien…but you look so normal :lol:

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

Scott,

If you would stop being such a metrosexual with all your ‘product’ and moisturisers and lotions and stuff you would be less migrainey and more rugged. It’s un-Australian for God’s sake. :lol:

Vic

— End quote

ROTFLMAO :lol:

he needs to move from Bondi so a real suburb :lol:

You think that’s funny, I was given a bunch of tester face products at a Clinique stand in Myer about 3-4 years ago. Some scrub crap that felt like it was full of bits of gravel followed by a moisturiser (I can already see Vic getting ready with the tar and feathers :lol:

I fell asleep, woke in the morning feeling like I had been thrown under a locomotive, turned my head to the right on the pillow (I was facing the ceiling) and I got whacked with the second and worst BPPV attack ever. It was the real deal requiring the MEP to stop it and a visit to Halmagyi to make sure the rocks were cleaned out. Scared the bejesus out of me then but is funny as hell now. :shock:

You think that’s funny, I was given a bunch of tester face products at a Clinique stand in Myer about 3-4 years ago. Some scrub crap that felt like it was full of bits of gravel followed by a moisturiser (I can already see Vic getting ready with the tar and feathers :lol: ).

— End quote

Geez, ya think?? I don’t want to blame the victim, but man, you bring it on yourself. Clinique??

ANYWAY, the point being that chemicals in products whether they be in hand creams or face creams apparently have the properties to set off migraine symptoms – and bad ones. Something that most would likely think is benign but may not be at all.

S

I’m not even going to ask why you were drawn to the clinique stand - I know Myer is dire these days but next time maybe just hand out in the stationary department or something :lol:

As I walked past the sales chick, she took out a lasso and got me by the ankles. :lol:

Sales techniques are a little more forceful at the Clinque counters down under than they are in the midwestern US. :wink:

As I walked past the sales chick, she took out a lasso and got me by the ankles. :lol:

— End quote

If your ankles had been adequately moisturised you would have been able to slip away…

:lol:

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

— End quote

If your ankles had been adequately moisturised you would have been able to slip away…

— End quote

:lol:

The Kid has eczema, so we have to be really careful what goes on his skin. The absolute best thing by far for moisturizing his skin is a mix of organic coconut oil, organic jojoba oil, and beeswax. I melt them together in a double boiler, then pour it into a little jar. It goes on greasy, but it absorbs really well.

Proportions of the three ingredients depends on how stiff or soft you like your moisturizer.

If coconut oil or jojoba oil is a trigger for you, you could substitute sweet almond oil, or even olive oil.

Mamabear

That sounds really good mamabear. The natural oils do soak in real well. There is a healing oil called Sea Buckthorn oil. It is really good for the skin and all kinds of skin conditions, very light oil. It has a rather unpleasant smell but that diminishes quickly, and has a yellow tint but doesn’t stain the skin, after about 10 minutes I blot the color off. I use it for damaged or sensitive areas. Check it out…
floraleads.com/seabuckthorn/