A different type of fan problem

I was just reading through a thread about having problems with fans. I’ve experienced something quite opposite and wanted to share but not hijack the thread. The problem that I have experienced is when the fan is turned off, and the room would slide to the side a few feet. One time I actually jumped the opposite direction and hit my work bench. :shock:

Hi Brian

Your post made me laugh as you have the opposite problem to me. Maybe we should exchange jobs! :smiley: Do you do anything interesting?

Jeni

— Begin quote from “Brian B”

I was just reading through a thread about having problems with fans. I’ve experienced something quite opposite and wanted to share but not hijack the thread. The problem that I have experienced is when the fan is turned off, and the room would slide to the side a few feet.

— End quote

Have you tried closing your eyes?

Jen, I used to build, test, troubleshoot, and modify prototype electronic circuits. We had tons of fans around my area between the computers, test equipment and the fans used to keep the prototype from over heating. I loved it, lots of white noise to drown out the tinnitus. The specific area I worked in was environmentally controlled, and I did have problems walking into and out of it when they switched from heat to air conditioning because of air pressure fluctuations that would occur until they adjusted the ventilation.

David, the sensation was entirely physical and too sudden. I didn’t have a chance to close my eyes.