A few questions

New to this illness I ask you who know better:

1. I notice that any eating at all triggers mild to moderate symptoms seemingly regardless of the food in question. Despite that, my appetite has been fairly ravenous now that my vertigo and nausea have ameliorated. THen, sometimes half way through a meal, i suddenly begin to feel better. ANyone else feel that way with food?

2. My predominant symptom now is numbness or pins and needles in my feet and hands: anyone experience that?

3. Is it normal to have more head pain on bending over?

4. Certain foods I used to love, now dont taste good: beer is one of them. Seems to me, my mind is telling me to stay away from those.

5. With the onset of symptoms comes a great deal of anxiety…is that common?

Hi
The only answer I can totally relate to is #5. My myself and many others on here, the dizziness and/or other Mav related symptoms really play into one another. The brain is hyperexciteable and it can manifest in a variety of ways.
You mentioned some food questions and I’m curious as to if you are on any meds? You mentioned you are new to the illness and I’m not sure if you’ve had a formal diagnosis, or if you found this site from trying to find answers on the web. Did you post your story?
Thanks-
Kelley

Referring to (1), it sounds like reactive hypoglycemia might come into play.

Christine

It is definitely nirmal to have mire head pain and or dizziness bending over…i absolutely have this symptom and my dr tells me it dies happen with MAV…

— Begin quote from "dougiedd"

New to this illness I ask you who know better:

1. I notice that any eating at all triggers mild to moderate symptoms seemingly regardless of the food in question. Despite that, my appetite has been fairly ravenous now that my vertigo and nausea have ameliorated. THen, sometimes half way through a meal, i suddenly begin to feel better. ANyone else feel that way with food?

2. My predominant symptom now is numbness or pins and needles in my feet and hands: anyone experience that?

3. Is it normal to have more head pain on bending over?

4. Certain foods I used to love, now dont taste good: beer is one of them. Seems to me, my mind is telling me to stay away from those.

5. With the onset of symptoms comes a great deal of anxiety…is that common?

— End quote

Hi,

1. Do you stick to eating at the same time each day? Something my doc recommended… Maybe if you got into a pattern it might change??

2. Yes! But its also a side effect of Topamax

3. Not sure

4. Doc told me to stay away from yeast…bad news for beer lovers

5. Doc also told me anxiety goes hand in hand with MAV… unfortunately xx

One weird thing about “staying away from yeast” is that we’re okayed to eat yeast bread that isn’t quite fresh, e.g. packaged bread form the supermarket, even yeast-risen, but not okay for beer etc. Sure, I can see a good IPA might have something alive yet in it, but cannot see this being true for the contents of a ho-hum six-pack. (But I don’t plan to experiment.)

If I have a migraine headache, bending over makes my head throb and hurt like crazy, so I avoid it at all costs.

And as others have said, my anxiety went through the roof when this all started. The use of anti-depressants has helped–it not only treats the MAV but calms the anxiety, win-win!