A good Day

Well today I did something I am sure I would not have been able to do two months ago. We cleaned our garage out and I was out there from 2PM til a few minutes ago. It was an all afternoon chore but that is more than I have been able to do in a long time.

Not to say I could do it at the same pace I once would have been able to but it was a definite step in the right direction.

Just wanted to share that with you all since I know steps forward are sometimes rare in this cray world us MAV’s live in.

I am pretty tired but so far no real bad effects , feel a little wavy but nothing major right now. We will see how the rest of the evening goes…but a step forward is a good thing in my book no matter how small. :smiley:

That is great! Stories like that really do help with positive thoughts…I just wish I could grab a day or two like that once in a while! Thank you for sharing. Ben

Hooray for a good day! I need one of those.

Timeless, what are you taking for your MAV?

— Begin quote from “Molly”

Hooray for a good day! I need one of those.

Timeless, what are you taking for your MAV?

— End quote

Molly As a matter of fact I have tried some meds and could not take any of them. The only medication I take is .25mg valium late in the day …I take half an aspirin each night.

But with that said my diet is very strict in staying away from any and all foods that are said to be triggers…no caffeine, no msg, no aged cheese, no nuts except sunflower seeds, vegetables and chicken and a few meats along the way. I drink a fruit juice that is strawberry blend to get some extra calories, I use stevia instead of sugar, I eat oatmeal with a very little bit of honey on it. No processed meats like sandwich, sausage or bacon, etc. My diet is pretty boring but you know what if it works then so be it …

I go to bed at exactly the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning. I drink lots of water and that is basically all I drink except for my litle bit of fruit juice and every now and then a sprite.

I try to get a bit of exercise each day but do not push it …

I am not sure what is working to this point but it is so much better than before …as I have told people I have had one headache that was bad about a week ago but before that it had been months since I had a real headache.

I am by no means “normal” but my symptoms have gotten to a much more manageable level and that is great news for me.

Great to hear, Timeless! I had a great day too! I actually felt 100% normal for much of the day! We just bought a house, and I spent the afternoon removing wallpaper. I had been feeling a bit discouraged lately because I had dropped back down to the 70-80% range for a few weeks, but now I’m feeling good again. I hope it lasts!

Take care, everyone! :smiley:

Marci

Timeless -

That is wonderful! :smiley: I am so happy for you. You are doing great! This sounds strange, but I love going through rooms and cleaning lately. I love getting rid of things (clutter). I feel good while I am doing it. Maybe I will tackle our garage next.

Marci -

I am glad to hear you are doing well too. Tearing off wallpaper is a chore, isn’t it? I always feel thankful when we are well enough to tackle projects like that.

Nance

Timeless,
So happy to hear you had a good day. It feels so great when those good days sneak in there!! I hope they continue for you!

Marci,
Happy to hear you’re doing good too. Are you taking any medications??

:slight_smile: Colleen

Thanks, Colleen!

I just started a new med last Thursday - Zonegran. I tried starting it a few weeks ago, but I was in the middle of a bad spell and thought maybe the med was making me feel worse after just a few days. Since I was dealing with a lot of stress at the time, I decided the timing wasn’t quite right to potentially rock the boat with side effects. I started feeling a bit better last week, so I decided to give it another shot. So far so good this time, but I’m only five days in to it. I’ll keep you all posted.

Marci :smiley:

Ah, yes, I remember that milestone and congradulations on achieving it. I remember that noticeable time when I could handle something to that extent, and not pay for it immediately! That’s progress my friend, real progress!! You are on your way. Not sure what meds you are on, but the brain does tend to start adjusting and compensating regardless, and this could just be the first step. For me, the first time I realized that something positive was happening was my ability to walk through blockbuster video, look at the videos on the shelves, and not get sick. That’s how bad I was. My next milestone was being able to do chores like you describe, without the heavy head feelings, massive dizziness and de-realization, and the visual sensitivity. Little by little, it all faded. congrads!!

Rich