Advice

I am suppose to be starting noritryptyline and MSG is a big trigger for me…should I worry about the gelatin in the capsules? Gelatin contains MSG. Just wondering what others have done in this predicament. I really appreciate any help or insight.
Leann

My Nortripyline tablets are small hard white ones - pretty sure there’s no gelatin in them :?

I called the pharmacy and they said it only comes in capsules. Are you in the U.S.? I just am not sure what to do or wondering what others do when MSG is a trigger…thanks in advance. Leann

Happy for you stewjay70…wish I could get those tablets. :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from “Lpeers”

I called the pharmacy and they said it only comes in capsules. Are you in the U.S.? I just am not sure what to do or wondering what others do when MSG is a trigger…thanks in advance. Leann

— End quote

I’m in the UK so maybe that’s why it’s different. I must admit they do taste very bitter if you catch them on your tongue so maybe that’s why they do them in gelatin capsules instead.
I wasn’t aware of the gelatin/MSG link but maybe someone else can help with that question.
Good luck!

Thank you for your response…

Lpeers,
I’m like you and won’t take capsules. I have never knowingly had a bad reaction to MSG but just the fear that I might keeps me away from them. I just took a look on the web to see how nortriptyline is supplied and I see it comes in capsules and liquid. I know I took this for a month but I honestly can’t remember what form it was in. It is possible I took it before I knew that gelatine/capsules had MSG and therefore I didn’t give it a second thought. So many people here have had success with it that maybe there is no MSG in it. Could you possibly take the liquid form or is sold under another name and therefore in a different form?
Book

I will have to consider liquid form, Thanks a lot.

When I looked up ingredients of coating, it did say gelatin. Have others not had problems with this? I just do not want to have a bad reaction and think it is the medicine. And, the neuro eventually wants me to go up in 10 Mgs every week or so, so that would be alot of capsules. I am trying not to be a worry wart. It is all so confusing, but thanks all.