Am I MAVing?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the MAV forum. I’m not sure if I have MAV and I haven’t seen a doctor yet. I have had 2 or 3 migraines in my life with the first starting a little over a year ago. Those migraines were short in duration (<12 hours) with intense headache, nausea, dizziness, and ears ringing. This morning I had an event that I’m not sure if is a migraine or not. I think it is MAV, but I’d like to hear what you to say to help me understand it and my next steps.

I was driving to work with a coworker. Instantly I felt like I had missed a moment as if I had a black out. When I realized something had happened I could not focus on the road. I could see clearly, but it felt like my brain just couldn’t make sense of what my eyes were seeing. I had no peripheral vision at all so I guess it was tunneled as well. I want to say it was vertigo, but I’m not sure since I’ve never had vertigo before. I felt like I could not think clearly and almost seemed confused. What was odd is that I could think clearly about something being wrong, but I did not feel like I was 100% in control of my body. I wasn’t even sure if I was talking clearly to my colleague but he assured me that I was clear and coherent. I even forgot where I was and I needed to have my coworker navigate even though I know the area well. For the rest of the drive I felt dizzy, nauseous, confused, like I could not think clearly to even do basic things like navigate, and awkward almost like I just got off a boat that was in rough water for the past couple of hours. Now, four hours later I still have some residual symptoms but I still feel that my head isn’t clear.

Is this MAV? If so, what’s next?

Thanks for the time helping me understand this.

Cheers,
Scott LIndner

Gee it hard to say for sure. Migraine can cause so many symtoms. It sounds possible, but I would certainly talk to a doctor, preferably a neurologist. They would want to rule out some other possibilities. The fact that you’ve had migraine episodes before says that you have the chemistry for MAV, and all the crazy things that can go along with it. Sorry I’m not more help, but even if others say yes, this has happened to them, if you haven’t gotten confirmation from a doc, I think it’s best to err on the side of caution.
:slight_smile:
Kelley