Another new guy...here's my story

@mumbles Sorry to hear of your struggles. I’m fairly new on this site but it’s packed with very supportive people and lots of helpful information.

I struggle majorly with head pressure and know that when this ramps up, I’m in for a rocky time i.e. increases of dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus and pins and needles. In the absence of any really useful help from my doctor, ENT consultant and neurologist, I have recently started acupuncture to see if it helps. Realistically, I don’t expect it to cure my VM/PPPD but was praying it might reduce stress and therefore help the head pressure…or that’s the hope! I’ve only had 3 out of my 7 sessions so far and haven’t noticed any significant changes. There have been a few days when I have had a reduction in symptoms, only to be followed with an increase thereafter. Unfortunately, I was having the exact same patterns before treatment so it’s difficult to compare. I’m keeping an open mind but personally, for me, I’m not expecting much. If nothing else, it forces me to take an hour out of my chaotic, panic ridden day and rest for a bit, so that can’t be a bad thing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Allyson

1 Like