Anxiety Attacks

Does anyone get anxiety attacks as part of their aura before a migraine hits? This seems to be a common trend for me now. I really dont want to become dependant on Ativan as my migraines are more frequent.

Has anyone also had luck with St. Johns Wort?

I do big time this past Fall it got far worse so that i couldn’t hardly drive without having an attack - i still get real dizzy at red lights. I’ve always been an anxious person but dizziness makes it so much worse - on Sunday nights i start freaking out about going to work the next day.

i take valium but try not to and right now i’m reading a book that the therapist wants me to read - i’m hoping to work on my anxiety with exercises for it so i don’t have to take an antidepressant!!!

chris

In the few minutes before a distinct migraine (as opposed to chronic migraine) hits I will become very agitated and panicky. And then the disco light show starts.

Vic

Hi Chris,
Yep yep!
I feel agitated anxiety and then the black spots and I know 60 minutes later, tinnitus, limp sore neck and bobbing head dizziness.
I look like a dancing Elvis doll.
jen
xx

Yea the anxity sucks i get it before and during it sucks you would think after having this crap for 2 years i would not panic lol but everytime HAHA

Stress is the major key causing factor in people with anxiety attacks and it has 80 percent implications of most illnesses today either directly or indirectly. In fact, stress is more afflictive than many of us believe for it can raise your blood pressure causing stroke and that it could even cause death. Stressed individuals are vulnerable in catching anxiety attacks, infectious diseases and cardiovascular diseases.

— Begin quote from "pelton"

Stress is the major key causing factor in people with anxiety attacks and it has 80 percent implications of most illnesses today either directly or indirectly. In fact, stress is more afflictive than many of us believe for it can raise your blood pressure causing stroke and that it could even cause death. Stressed individuals are vulnerable in catching anxiety attacks, infectious diseases and cardiovascular diseases.

— End quote

Spammed by some Sydney based psychologists. Surely that’s not effical? :roll:

I got anxiety when I sensed trouble coming on just out of fear of going into migraine hell. That anxiety often causes my hands to tingle and begin to go numb, make me lightheaded as if I am going to pass out, and one time painfully paralyzed my hands and arms rigid for about 20 minutes, like a seizure. Turns out it was from panic-induced hyperventilation because my symptoms were ramping up and I was afraid of what was coming. But I am fortunate that stress and anxiety in itself won’t cause an attack. It is a pre-reaction, sensing what is coming.

If interested in St Johns Wort, check this out… amoryn.com/howamorynworks.html
My husband used it for a year and it helped him better than when he tried Zoloft, and he had no side effects like he did with the Zoloft. What works in SJW is hyperforin, and in the dried herb form it is in trace amounts, and a person has to take a lot to benefit. Amoryin is not just the dried herbal, but the hyperforin is extracted and other ingredients are added for greater benefit.

My anxiety comes from the thought of leaving my home. Like burd, it’s knowing what is going to happen. I have Meniere’s, not MAV. The tinnitus is almost unbearable with me. I take zanax to help calm it down but I know that every time I leave my home, I’m going to be hit with noises that I can’t control which always makes the tinnitus worse. I do just about anything to keep from having to leave. Taking the zanax helps not only with the tinnitus, but calms down the anxiety so it’s a little easier to go do what HAS to be done.

Tamsha - I have had tried St. John’s Wart and was really optimistic about it. I read in Consumer Reports that it was just as or more effective than Zoloft. I had no luck with it but it might work for you. I took it as recommended, maybe the concentration of the active ingredient is too low for me. Maybe I should have tried more.

Burd - Interesting point, maybe that’s why St. John’s Wart didn’t work for me. I might have to look into that.