Any one had luck with paxil?

hi, im on 20mg of paxil for about 2 1/2 weeks…i havent noticed any differnece…i havent had a dizzy free break since june 19th…
constant lightheadnessx1000, brainfog, drugged feeling…i have two little girs, and im at my whits end…i need a break!! i just want to fell normal again!!!
any info would be great…

I am not personally on Paxil, but I do know that some neurologists do give SSRIs for this illness. Did your neurologist prescribe it? Are you being treated in NY? Just wondering, as I just moved from NY to CT. In the past, I saw a Dr. Newman in Manhattan (who others on this site see) and he speaks very highly of Zoloft, also an SSRI. It is so hard to know what will work until we try it. I feel for you and hope you feel better soon. Please keep us posted.

I’m in the same boat as you- on 20 mg of Paxil and I’ve been on it for about 2 1/2 weeks. I’m supposed to keep titrating up every week until I get to 40 mg. So far I feel about the same, but I haven’t had a day where I’m super lightheaded in a while, so that’s good. I feel like mornings are worse on the drug and then I feel better later in the day. Let me know how your trial progresses…

hi, so ur doc said to work up to forty?? interesting, mine said twenty, but i was thinking i should go higher too!! i think im going to call him…do you have the dizzies or actual migraine?? meredith

— Begin quote from “MEREDITHHNY”

hi, so ur doc said to work up to forty?? interesting, mine said twenty, but i was thinking i should go higher too!! i think im going to call him…do you have the dizzies or actual migraine?? meredith

— End quote

Pretty sure I have actual migraine problems. I have a long history of migraines. I think the 20 mg is actually starting to help. I have more energy when I wake up in the morning and less head fog during the day. I seem to be able to tolerate movement a little more too. The only problematic side effect is that I feel a little zombified… in a subdued sort of way. I have to make myself talk during work meetings instead of just sitting there staring at things. How is it working for you?

hi, im glad its starting to work for you , thats great…as for me, nothing yet…i have constant dzzziness, braing fog, etc…i have had only a couple of actual headache migraine in the last few years…im gonna call my doc now, and see if we should up the dose…i would love to have a clear day…i am at my wits end…well, hope yu have a great day!! chat soon!

Hi Meredith,
Sorry you haven’t had much luck so far with the Paxil. Are you still taking topamax?

I am assuming you live in the NY area from your name and was wondering who your doctor was?

Be well,
Lisa

hi, no im not taking the Topamax any longer, i couldnt handle it…i live in california, and i saw dr.baloh…hes just a consultation doctor, who recommends what to take ,then your on own, if the paxil doesnt kick in, in a month or so, im going to call hains office, and do a phone consult…im just over the 24/7 dizziness…somethings gotta give…

HI Meredith,
I can totally understand and empathize. I too suffer with 24/7 dizziness. I hope the Paxil kicks in. My doc in NY uses the SSRI’s with good results. He says it takes time, but patience is so hard when we are suffering so much.
Keep us posted.
Lisa

Meredith - I feel for you as well. I suffer from dizziness 24/7 and it is dreadful. Was Paxil Dr. Baloh’s first choice? I’m always interested to see what other docs recommend for this. I hope it works for you or you find another helpful med very soon.

hi, first he prescribed desipramine…then paxil…my only concern with paxil is weaning off, from all my research it appears to be a nightmare!!
how long does it usually take fro these meds to kick in, and do u just stay on them forever??