Anybody else have their symptoms change on migraine diet?

Howdy!

So, I’ve been on the Migraine Diet properly for the last couple weeks. It would be a month, but I found out the frozen chicken I was eating probably had (natural flavoring) MSG in it. I ended up switching to fresh. Anyway, since I’ve been on the Migraine Diet I have noticed my dizziness improving quite a bit. However, my photo-phobia seems to be a little worse. In addition, it seems like my eyes are hurting more than before…I went on the diet. So, my symptoms seem to be changing. Anybody else have their symptoms change following the migraine diet?

Hi there,

If I don’t follow the migraine diet (i.e. if I sat down and ate a bowl of sausages, drank a few beers and then had a slice of pizza with lots of garlic on it) my life goes down the drain very fast. Head and neck pain and possibly heavy dysequilibrium. Haven’t really had rotational vertigo from an episode in years. And it’s not just the diet either – I have to live the lifestyle too.

Cheers

1 Like

I dont follow the migraine diet per say. I do try to limit most of the stuff on there except for coffee. But like Scott, if I indulge in pizza or a lot of pasta with tomato sauce, chocolate or TOO much caffeine, the mav devil makes me pay. I also eat mostly whole foods and work out a lot which really drastically helps. If I don’t eat healthy and work out, I can feel the mav creeping up. Living a healthy lifestyle is just as important as limiting foods.

Works fairly well for me.

Certain violations fuck em up royally, too.

Been sticking religiously to the migraine diet for a a week now and yet I feel more dizzy than ever? Wonder if its sugar, caffeine, junk food withdrawal?

— Begin quote from “angdunc”

Been sticking religiously to the migraine diet for a a week now and yet I feel more dizzy than ever? Wonder if its sugar, caffeine, junk food withdrawal?

— End quote

It sounds like withdrawal to me. It’s weird, but my ocular symptoms are getting a lot worse. But, my dizziness is getting a lot better. I almost rather have the dizziness because looking at a T.V or my computer monitor is almost unbearable. Hoping this get’s better soon…cause this is almost not worth it.