Anyone with Elavi/Amitriptyline experience?

Woke up this morning (morning 2) feeling some numbness and tingling in arms and feet.
Disconnected.
Insomnia right off the bat. I could lie in total relaxation - but there was no sleep.
Dizzy.
Occasional bouts of heart-thumps.
No headache.

Going to check with pharmacist to see if these are just passing side-effects.

Hi,

I started with Ami in October at 5 mg and worked up to 20 mg. It helped mood and sleep a bit, but didn’t help dizziness. Doc suggested adding Cymbalta to the mix and worked up to 50 mg of Cymbalta and 20 mg of Ami. Then Doc suggeseted getting off Ami since it wasn’t helping me sleep. Tapered off with no problem. Now I’m upping the C to 60 mg because I’m still having anxiety and some insomnia issues. But the Dizziness is helped a lot…almost gone…slight visual issues at times. I just want to get rid of this anxiety and get good sleep. I have sleeping pills, but geez, I dont want to have to take a pill for everything!!

I didn’t feel too much on Ami…found it to be pretty benign. Took it before bedtime. I should also state that I had daily headaches that went away with Ami within 5 days. They are still gone. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps.

Kelley

Kelley - I am so glad to hear of your improvement. thanks for sharing that with us.

I took Ami for about 2 months. I had a very dry mouth and my heart starting to race/skip around every night. I stopped taking it and went back to the only medication that has helped so far, Propranolol.

— Begin quote from “nstraka”

I took Ami for about 2 months. I had a very dry mouth and my heart starting to race/skip around every night. I stopped taking it and went back to the only medication that has helped so far, Propranolol.

— End quote

Thanks, Nstraka. :slight_smile: