Are mornings worse?

I’m wondering if anyone else wakes up feeling their worst? I’m always really unsteady, weak, dizzy and tired when I get up in the morning. I feel normal while laying down but first thing when I get up its very bad. Almost like my brain has to adjust to the new position. And it’s making me extremely tired. I never feel refreshed when I wake up. And tired for the rest of the day all day.

Yes I feel the same way in the mornings x

Yes it’s horrible :frowning:

Yes I’m the same, I definitely feel my worst in the mornings. x

I feel the oppeside. I feel the best in the morning.

Yes, mornings are the worst. I can’t remember the last time I got up feeling rested. I never schedule appointments first thing in the morning because I have to stabilize and work through the dizzies before I can function.

I am the opposite I feel worse late afternoon

Yup - I feel worse in the morning, though I usually bottom out just before lunchtime. If I can make it through lunch, however, as the day wears on I usually gradually feel better (so that by bedtime I don’t want to go to bed and start all over again!).

— Begin quote from “Elswyth”

Yes, mornings are the worst. I can’t remember the last time I got up feeling rested. I never schedule appointments first thing in the morning because I have to stabilize and work through the dizzies before I can function.

— End quote

Feel exactly this way every morning. Even those dreams just before waking involve being on a boat, swing etc ! :? However with hot cuppa and letting things settle down, the rest of the morning really is the best time. Then things slide again from lunch…xo

My balance actually feels best in the morning, but it gets worse as the day goes on.

I often wake up feeling nautious and shaky though, but that straightens out as I get moving. Took a long time to learn not to just hide out in bed when I feel this way, I have to really push myself to get through it.

YES!

My motion sensitivity is very obviously worse in the mornings. I wake up feeling OK, but I try to avoid much in the way of head movement until afternoon. On the two days per week that I have to be at work in the morning (in a library, shelving and checking in, with lots of head movement), I feel totally crappy–woozy, dizzy, a little nauseated–and often feel like I’m really going to have to go home. But I know if I just get through the first 3-4 hours, I will feel OK in the afternoon. And I do.

On mornings when I don’t have to go to work, I sit and read (newspaper, work on the computer) and put off showering, housework, shopping, etc. until afternoon when the head motion doesn’t cause such bad wooziness.

Nancy

Funny how we are all so different!

I’m also one of the ones who is much better first thing and generally gets worse as the day goes on, especially when I get tired.

Definitely worse in the mornings. I’m okay when waking up, but within about 5-15 minutes of actually getting up and walking around, things get to their worst, and stay that way, sometimes for hours. Most of the time, they do get better (though not “good” all the time) in the evenings, a few hours after lunch.

“Unsteady, dizzy, weak” perfectly describes the first few hours of a day for me. I’d add “fatigued” to it.

I’m another one that feels best in the morning, and worse as the day goes on. I am always tired though, like the OP mentioned.

I too am worse in the mornings. It takes a while to get started. I have to just lay in bed for about 5 minutes after waking up before getting out of bed. I move slowly, first to a sitting positions for a minute then try to stand. balance is usually off as I wobble to the bathroom. I just sit at the table for about an hour before eating breakfast. I am taking nortriptyline now up to 70 mg. I just increased from 50. The mornings got better last week when I was on 50.

I feel worse in the mornings, fatigued and off balance and vision problems but weirdly after a hot shower i feel a little better? Could the hot water dilate blood vessels or could massaging my head with shampoo help? I can never figure it out…i don’t feel loads better but defintely see a slight improvement.

— Begin quote from “Whirli67”

I’m wondering if anyone else wakes up feeling their worst? I’m always really unsteady, weak, dizzy and tired when I get up in the morning. I feel normal while laying down but first thing when I get up its very bad. Almost like my brain has to adjust to the new position. And it’s making me extremely tired. I never feel refreshed when I wake up. And tired for the rest of the day all day.

— End quote

When I was at my worst mornings were dreadful. I was afraid to get out of bed as I felt like I would fall.
Thankfully I am making a speedy recovery, I hope I stay improved!
Along with my meds (240mg propranalol/50mg Sertraline) I found cutting out caffeine, exercising and getting lots of rest worked wonders.

My advice to anyone going through this is to be patient, I realise I am very fortunate in only having suffered badly since January. Thinking about it, I can’t really say that it has just been since January, I have had symptoms over the years but it was never picked up on. In fact 10 years ago I was told I was suffering with anxiety. It’s only now I can say it was MAV, Dr. Silver pointed it out. Thank goodness it’s now under control. You will get to the stage I’m at. Just be kind to yourself. It will take time but things will improve x x

1 Like