Ayurveda for all

Take a list of people who have undergone Ayurvedic therapy. Supermodel Naomi Campbell, pop star Madonna, master-blaster Sachin Tendulkar, former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee – the list may seem endless. All these celebrities resorted to different ayurvedic packages to rejuvenate their senses/ regain their health/ heal their ailments.

This piece of information on the people resorting to Ayurveda indicates that Ayurveda has already gained global acceptance; it is no longer a medical system which is restricted to a small area/community. There are people from different continents and different backgrounds, coming to avail the Ayurveda therapy. They all consider it a powerful system capable of curing their ailments.

It is not just the celebrities who look for various Ayurvedic packages suitable to their requirements. Zaina Rustham, a 32-year-old freelance journalist from Canada, was full of enthusiasm when asked about her Ayurveda experience.

``I was suffering from acute migraine for the last 5 years. The medicines I took were effective, but only for a short period. Eight months back I started Ayurveda treatment and now I feel much better,’ she says.

The herbal medicines used in Ayurveda are without side effects. Moreover, Ayurvedic practitioners here are adept at identifying the diseases and providing the right herbal medicine. Their years of knowledge, expertise in curing ailments and the treatment methods brought in more fame for Ayurveda than any commercial could do.

This was posted as spam but thought it would make a good discussion point.

What do ya reckon Vic? If it’s not chakras it’s Indian body type. All we need is an “ayurvedic package to heal ailments”. If it worked for Madonna and the Indian PM then it has to work for us too. Damn, how did I miss this? I thought turneric was the answer …

S

The herbal medicines used in Ayurveda are without side effects
I think this is a dangerous statement to make. Plenty of herbal meds have side effects. And if something has no side effects at all, I’d be very surprised if it had any genuine beneficial effects either.
Don’t know if anyone else has read it or if it’s available in other countries, but I would really recommend ‘Trick or Treatment: Alternative Medicine on Trial’ by Simon Singh and Edzard Ernst. I was also lucky enough to go to a brilliant talk by Simon Singh. Great bloke: really interesting and well-informed, but keeping an open mind and being happy to be persuaded by real evidence.

Hey Beech,

Totally agree with you. Most herbs do have active molecules that have real effects and can cause real side effects – even dangerous ones just like a pharmaceutical. Once again we are seeing the use of herbs – natural remedies – being put out there as some acrsoss-the-board safe method that cures disease. Presto! So simple.

I’ve read the book you recommended and it’s brilliant. It should be in the school curriculum as far as I’m concerned. Saw Simon Singh with Vic at the University of Sydney. He was great. While we were there a homeopath lost the plot and started railing at him. :lol:

Just don’t mess with my Thai foot pads!

— Begin quote from “Wino”

— End quote

:lol:
But they were so great for draining the toxins out of my legs. Do you still have the link Wino?

— Begin quote from “scott”

— End quote

But they were so great for draining the toxins out of my legs. Do you still have the link Wino?

— End quote

It’s not the same one as before, but it’s the same gist :lol:

http://www.acupeds.com/faq.html

I hate pseudoscience. Seriously, I want to fight these people; selling crap and ripping people off who are really suffering. It should be illegal.

Okay, maybe my last comment was a bit strong LOL. I guess I got up on the wrong side of the bed today :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a week long “perfect health” stint at the Chopra center. TWice a day meditation, yoga, veggie diet, detox…body treatments…it was wonderful. But it didn’t cure any MAV stuff.
Kelley

This guy really drives me nuts…

http://naturalhealthcenter.mercola.com/Our-Practitioners/Dr-Joseph-Mercola.aspx

The guy can cure cancer, autoimmune diseases, neurological disorders, and basically anything. His message…don’t trust your doctor. The medical community is wrong. Just listen him. He will heal you without drugs or surgery LOL.

Maybe he’s the second coming of Christ?

Damn, I’ve used some ayurvedic stuff, on the principle that garlic, turmeric, ginger, thyme aren’t going to do me any hard and NIH-CAM says there’s some support for it. However, if Ayurveda is going to turn me into anything like the stiffs in his list, I don’t want any of it.

— Begin quote from “sixdeep357”

The guy can cure cancer, autoimmune diseases, neurological disorders, and basically anything. His message…don’t trust your doctor. The medical community is wrong. Just listen him. He will heal you without drugs or surgery LOL.

— End quote

Here’s the kicker:

“Dr. Mercola’s natural health Web site, Mercola.com, has been the most visited natural health site on the Internet, with over 12 million page views every month. More than 1 million people subscribe to Dr. Mercola’s free e-mail newsletter.”

Gotta hand it to the guy, he’s made millions out of pseudoscience.

It’s not the same one as before, but it’s the same gist :lol:

http://www.acupeds.com/faq.html

— End quote

Check this out. Detox foot pads put to the test and then analysed afterwards. :?:

Test It Tuesday: The Detox Foot Pad - YouTube)

Those foot pad things are a con. Not like Stirwands. stirwandsdirect.com/

— Begin quote from “david shapiro”

However, if Ayurveda is going to turn me into anything like the stiffs in his list, I don’t want any of it.

— End quote

— Begin quote from “beechleaf”

The herbal medicines used in Ayurveda are without side effects
I would really recommend ‘Trick or Treatment: Alternative Medicine on Trial’ by Simon Singh and Edzard Ernst. I was also lucky enough to go to a brilliant talk by Simon Singh. Great bloke: really interesting and well-informed, but keeping an open mind and being happy to be persuaded by real evidence.

— End quote

Fantastic book and I agree, Singh is a great speaker.

— Begin quote from “scott”

— Begin quote from “sixdeep357”

— End quote

Here’s the kicker:

“Dr. Mercola’s natural health Web site, Mercola.com, has been the most visited natural health site on the Internet, with over 12 million page views every month. More than 1 million people subscribe to Dr. Mercola’s free e-mail newsletter.”

Gotta hand it to the guy, he’s made millions out of pseudoscience.

— End quote

Little known fact" “mercola” is an ancient Etruscan term for “watch me make a bunch of money selling bullshit.” I looked it up.

Little known fact" “mercola” is an ancient Etruscan term for “watch me make a bunch of money selling bullshit.” I looked it up.

— End quote

Detox footpads and stirwands LOL. I’ve seen it all now.

Yea, Dr. Mercola is a genius. I wish I would have thought to sell regular crap to people and promise miraculous cures from it.