BPPV --> iVM = a dozen doctors, a year of dizziness, a potential diagnosis?

Oh, my statement wasn’t from any sort of text or professional publication. It’s just my (very faulty and unrealistic) opinion. And luckily the opinion of some of my doctors. I get frustrated at the lack of definitive answers that modern medicine can offer. And the “shrug-thats-good-enough” approach of some medical professionals. As a (brief, high-level) example, I’ve been told to sleep in a recliner above 45 degrees for the rest of my life. That isn’t realistic for a human being. My PT echoed my response: not reasonable. And that should not be the answer to a problem. There must be a better way. I should be able to sleep well and flat, despite having a vestibular condition. There should be other prophylactics. But of course, the disparity between what SHOULD happen and reality is great. Essentially, I’m whining about the limitations of modern medicine. :wink:

1 Like

Disappointing. I thought you might just have uncovered an admission in written words I could use as a weapon to browbeat medical professionals. I am so very sorry that your idealistic view of how things should be has been shot from under you so abruptly. I hazard you haven’t had much first hand familial experience with Medicine before the appearance of this condition.

This made me laugh. (Maybe I should cry?) I wish. This is only my second prolonged experience with medicine. Both have been woefully inadequate. I suppose I’ll have more experience as my parents age–and as I age, of course. At least my expectations are set low.

1 Like

I slept at an angle for nearly two years during the worst period. Not a good long term solution for sure.

I’m on a 10" wedge with a pillow or two on top (so far about 3 months). I started out higher but this is as high as I can go without sacrificing sleep. My neck and back suffer, though. Right after an attack I’ve been doing a 45-90 degree recliner, but I can only deal with that for about a week before I’m running on fumes.

1 Like

I found my hips suffered the most because they don’t get a rest.

Ah yes that comment brings back memories of yore.

Do you find you have full ears which might link with your BPPV type attacks.