Brain flipping

I have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and MAV. My head is so heavy at night and when I wake like my brain is flipping and expanding. It affects my vision too. Anyone else?

Hi. Sorry you are suffering. Not quite with you when you talk of your brain ‘flipping’. And unable to find any other references on site. Any other way to describe it? Quite often it’s just a different sensation to different people so the same feeling is described very differently so it’s not recognised. I have heard of people describing the brain rattling around in their skull. Similar maybe? Vestibular conditions produce all manner of variety of queer sensations. All the result of the brain’s confusion with receiving mixed messages or do we are told. Most but not all are relatively insignificant in terms of diagnosis by which I mean they don’t necessarily ‘mean’ anything much although I appreciate can prove very upsetting. The heavy head and affect in vision are both very common MAV symptoms. Most of the weird stuff will settle once on medication.

1 Like