Caesarian and spinal block!

Hi all…
Did anyone get migraines and vertigo after having a spinal block or caesarian?
Mine came on 2 days after giving birth to twins,Started as a severe migraine that lasted for days and then on came the vertigo.
The hospital was going to do a blood patch when i got the migraine but for some reason didnt end up doing it and a few years later i went back to see the doctor who did my spinal block and he told me that if they did the blood patch back when i got the first migraine i might of not got this illness.
I just wanted to know if anyone else has a similiar thing happen!!

after i had my epidural taken out after roughly 10+ hours, i had the almighty migraine which is the worst ive ever had,(ive had some of the worst dr have seen, but that took the cake) it comes on very quickly after the take it out, and i had numerous needles to stop it and finally was tranfered by ambulance to another hosiptal for neuro checks to make sure it wasnt a brain bleed. I had a hole they should have patched inhindsight but it eventually went after a few hours.i think it would have been an immediate migraine and i didnt get vertigo,so are you sure you had a hole?it usually closes up roughly 24hours or so after…

Yea i kinda thought about the immediate migraine…
I actually got my papers from the hospital from that week that i had the spinal block and the anaethatist( god knows how u spell it but you know what i mean) actually wrote in the papers 4 days after the spinal block that they will do a blood patch and 3 years after the migraine i went into the hospital to speak with him and he actually told me that yes maybe if they did the patch i wouldnt had been sick now so i really dont know what went on.
I had very high blod pressure at the time of the migraine as well and thats unusual for me cuz i had always had low than normal blood pressure.
I was fine the day of the spinal block and great the next day as well.

— Begin quote from “dizzy_blonde”

Hi all…
Did anyone get migraines and vertigo after having a spinal block or caesarian?
Mine came on 2 days after giving birth to twins,Started as a severe migraine that lasted for days and then on came the vertigo.
The hospital was going to do a blood patch when i got the migraine but for some reason didnt end up doing it and a few years later i went back to see the doctor who did my spinal block and he told me that if they did the blood patch back when i got the first migraine i might of not got this illness.
I just wanted to know if anyone else has a similiar thing happen!!

— End quote

YOU HAVE TWINS??!!! :shock:

You look about 21!!! :!:

You already know my story! I got the worst 2 vertigo attacks of my life after my epidural and after my spinal block…thinking mav and CSF doesn’t mix very well???

Well I had a cesarean and spinal block in April. However it was my 3rd csection and 2nd spinal tap, had an epidural with first baby. I got dizzy in June though, Im blaming my big bang on hormones, and stress. Always had a history with headaches and family history of migraine…I would understand how you would think the spinal had something to do with it, but it could just be a hormonal change?

My MAV came on after the birth of my second baby, but I didn’t have an epidural (for either birth) so I can’t blame that for the onset of MAV. I’m thinking hormonal changes and lack of sleep pushed me over my threshold. I have a long history of headaches and migraine going back to childhood so it makes sense for me.

I wonder if hormones have more to do with it than the epidural? Not saying it’s not a possibility, and the thread on the CSF studies at Duke may be one to follow.

One thing is for certain–having a newborn to care for (in addition to another child) and then being struck by MAV is just about the worst thing EVER!!!