Calling any VRT experts!

Anyone who knows about VRT exercises - wondered if you could answer me a quick question please.

When it says that I need to do 10 reps, for example looking left and right, do I need to pause between each one (like left, right, pause. or left, right, left, pause)? Or am I supposed to go left, right, left, right, left, right, etc until I’ve done 10 each side? I don’t want to be doing them wrong, and I think I must have been on information overload by the time Dr S told me how to do them because I can’t remember.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi Sally,
Generally you do them continuously and the idea is to increase the speed over time as tolerated for each set of repetitions.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Lisa

Sally,

Have a look at this thread at Healthboards. This was a very good write up by a VRT therapist from “Balance Chicago” on how to do it all. I think you might find it helpful:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=499927

Scott 8)

Thanks Lisa :slight_smile:

I was advised by the3 PT training me that at least one of them should involve pauses. That’s where I sit, bringing schnozz to knee and back up, five times; then pause. Then to other knee five times; then pause. Then repeat. The other exercises I was given to do continuously, but hell, if something’s making me dizzy, I slow down, or pause, as needed.