Citrus: this fruit but not that one?

I tested out lemon yesterday, baking and eating cookies (well, cookioids) with the zest and juice of more than half a lemon. Aside from an “eh” headache, which could easily have been due to barometric stuff, I was fine and continue to be about the same. Does anyone have experience that says finding one citrus to be a non-trigger fooled you when you assumed other citrus fruits in similar quantity would also be safe? I’m off to an out-of-town, four-day convention Wednesday, so I’m getting off my ass and testing more foods that I’ve simply avoided till now.

Hi David.

I’m wondering this myself. I’ve been testing foods lately because I really don’t like giving up all the good foods I used to eat. I miss citrus especially.

My best - Molly

Are you still OK David? I ask because sometimes it takes me a while to feel the full effects of a food trigger. I seem to do OK with lemons. I’ve only tried a very small segment of an orange but did OK with that too. And I’ve recently added in mangos which I’ve had a lot of without any trouble at all. I’ve been much braver of late, mostly out of dietary boredom I think. :smiley:

Brenda

I am generally fine with one ‘baddie’ food item once in a while but if i push it and have a few it tips the balance and my symptoms come slowly flooding back worse. I would bet that you may have a problem with lemons but as a one off it didn’t tip your balance if that makes sense, good luck though, i hope i am wrong!