Clonidine

I think so sarah. He told me the nail was really far in so might be more difficult to pull out. I had no side effects on lyrics until I got to 200mg and then I got really bad anxiety and now at 300mg I feel zonked out! I wonder if u need to feel its sedating properties before it can be therapeutic. How long did it take for you to see improvements?

— Begin quote from “Becks”

I think so sarah. He told me the nail was really far in so might be more difficult to pull out. I had no side effects on lyrics until I got to 200mg and then I got really bad anxiety and now at 300mg I feel zonked out! I wonder if u need to feel its sedating properties before it can be therapeutic. How long did it take for you to see improvements?

— End quote

I didn’t react until 200mg either Becks. Funny how we had similar reactions.

Hi richy,
I was sailing through thinking these tablets don’t even touch me then bang I increased to 200mg and the side effects kicked in. I suppose we all metabolise drugs differently. What u taking now richly?

if it is sedating try and stay at that dose for awhile to see if the sedation will go away. I don’t think a drug has to be sedating in order to work for mav i think it is just a side effect of the drug itself. I started to see improvements at 3 weeks unfortunately it only worked for a couple weeks sporadically and then just stopped.

— Begin quote from “Becks”

Hi richy,
I was sailing through thinking these tablets don’t even touch me then bang I increased to 200mg and the side effects kicked in. I suppose we all metabolise drugs differently. What u taking now richly?

— End quote

i’ve stuck to Nori at 10mg for the past 6 weeks or so. I did go up to 20mg but I felt really out of it. At 10mg it seems to be helping quite a bit with anxiety which I am thankful for even if the dizziness isnt sorted out. I may be brave and go up a dose soon again. How about yourself? are you coming off the pregablin now?

It’s weird because in his letter that he sends out to your GP re diagnosis and meds, Dr Silver said that if a drug has the effect of sedation then it appears to prevent it working. However, when I asked Dr S about side effects to look out for on Gabapentin he said the main one is lethargy and then weight gain or weight loss. I have just picked the meds up at the pharmacy and the pharmacist said to me ‘They WILL make you drowsy so be careful about driving etc’. So I am assuming it will make me tired but I don’t know if this is meant to wear off after a while or not. I don’t like things that add to my fatigue!

I am not sure what the best time is to take these as I am already on nori. Should I literally swallow the two different drugs together or leave a gap of say an hour or two between them? x

Jem,

I have taken Ami and Gabapentin together and always took them at the same time, there is no interaction between them.

Kath

Thanks Kath, that’s good to know. The pharmacist also said not to take Gabapentin at the same time as any indigestion remedies. Are there any other meds you can’t take with it do you know, say ibuprofen etc?

How are you doing at the moment? x

these drugs can all cause sedation at first. I had to learn this myself since no drs. would tell me this- once you get to a dose that is sedating for you, stay at that dose until the sedation goes away- if you just keep going up, your body will never be able to adjust. when i told my dr. that 75 mg of nortriptyline was sedating, he told me to just try coming back down. Knowing that this was pointless, I stayed at 75 mg for 3 weeks and what do you know, the sedation completely disappeared. If I had come back down I would never know if a higher dose would work for me. That being said, if you are working it is obviously hard to do this, when u have to function and everything.

i took nori and gaba both at night and didnt seem to have an issue with doing this.

Sarah-u r talking a lot of sense :slight_smile:

Richy- am going to stick it out on pregablin for 2/3 months as this is how long u should give it at the therapeutic dose before being able to see if it is helping. Dr s said to sty at 300mg for 1/2 months and increase if necessary after this by 50mg until a maximum of 450mg.