Could I have MAV?

I have been experiencing these for almost 3 years now and no doctor or text can find an answer. But I think the biggest problem with diagnosing me with anything is that there is no pattern to my symptoms. They are different everyday. People look at me like Im crazy when I say that but it true. Here are my symptoms:

Dizziness, I feel like im rocking back and forth while sitting still, other times i just feel like im moving in different directions,seeing stars out of the corners of my eyes, my vision gets weird sometimes for example: Ill be looking at something at itll just appear to move kinda like jump, aslo sometimes it seems like my depth perception is off(I’ll be looking at a piece of paper and it’ll seem to be getting father away), shaking, just a weird feeling in my head (I can’t really describe it, its kind like tightness), I really just feel like im moving all the time (i dont know if that’s disequalibrium or not), and I just don’t feel right

The symptoms vary, but it happens everyday! MAV is the closets thing I have found to my symptoms. What do you guys think?

HI haileeboop and welcome to MVertigo. I think a lot of us can relate to at least some of your symptoms - it certainly could be MAV…but I’m no expert of course…

Welcome Haileboop,

Sounds like textbook MAV to me. Have you been diagnosed?

Vic

No I have not been diagnosed. I have been to 3 doctors and one of them said it might be migraines, but wasnt 100% sure. Ive had blood work done and a CT scan and it all came back normal

— Begin quote from “haileeboop”

No I have not been diagnosed. I have been to 3 doctors and one of them said it might be migraines, but wasnt 100% sure. Ive had blood work done and a CT scan and it all came back normal

— End quote

Hi again Haileeboop,

Good news you’ve ruled out various things via CT and blood work. There are many things you can do to try and control MAV which do not involve meds. These are changes to your diet and lifestyle. If it turns out you don’t have migraine then you will simply have become healthier by doing them. :slight_smile:

Have a read of some of the info here to learn more about migraine: http://mvertigo.cloudapp.net/t/vestibular-migraine-survival-guide-2014/2244

Keep us posted and good luck!

Vic