Could it be an MAV symptom?

A few months ago I was diagnosed with MAV… I have been under treatment and am doing a bit better… I have been noticing some other symptoms recently more strongly. I did not mention these to my oto-neurologist (but will at my next appointment), I am wondering if they are consistant with MAV or something else. He still thinks there may be something else going on because I tested with a 80% vestibular loss on one side…

My ear will get suddenly full and my hearing will decrease a lot (like water in my ear or something) and I will get a sudden load high pitched tone in my ear. This will last seconds to minutes (seldom more then 30.) Occassionally it is accompinied with spins, right at the beginning, but not always. My hearing will slowly come back to normal (or normal for me) over the next 1 to 2 hours.

Does this sound like MAV or something else? Does anyone have these symptoms?

I get something very similar but perhaps not quite as acute. Typically a sudden high pitched tone in one ear and at the same instant that I hear the tone I get a sensation of pressure in that ear and sometimes a noticable decrease in hearing. This lasts maybe 10 to 30 seconds and then both the tone and the sensation of pressure gradually fade away. I’ve never had vertigo concurrent with this though. Although this isn’t debilitating in my case, it sure is annoying.

Chaz

— Begin quote from “Chaz”

I get something very similar but perhaps not quite as acute. Typically a sudden high pitched tone in one ear and at the same instant that I hear the tone I get a sensation of pressure in that ear and sometimes a noticable decrease in hearing. This lasts maybe 10 to 30 seconds and then both the tone and the sensation of pressure gradually fade away. I’ve never had vertigo concurrent with this though. Although this isn’t debilitating in my case, it sure is annoying.

Chaz

— End quote

I could have written that. EXACTLY that.

— Begin quote from “Chaz”

Chaz

— End quote

Ditto what Chaz stated, except that with the pressure, I also get a slight sensation of the room tilting/growing/shrinking - something like that.

I experience that also.

Feels like a “freight train” roaring through my head. It only lasts 5-10 seconds, and it kind of knocks me off-balance for a few seconds, but I don’t have lingering dizziness or spins afterwards. (Thankfully)

Kim