Cyclical vertigo?

hELLO FROM RAVEN

The vertigo attacks I have seem to come on about once a month no matter what. It seems that something
builds up and then pow an attack occurs. It takes at least a day of inactivity and rest to begin recovery. Sometimes
recovery takes several days.
The attack resolves the vertigo and good to go for another few weeks until it builds up
again. :frowning:

Stress is No. 1 trigger. Once it builds up there is no way out except vertigo attack. :frowning:
Nothing much in popular scientific literature on this.
Just barely able to find info on Cyclic Vertigo and it is usually with Pediatric Migraine โ€“ not my case in the
least!!! Most info says children grow out of cyclic vertigo, anyway. So if in an adult what does that mean?

WHY CYCLIC VERTIGO ONLY IN CHILDREN, ACCORDING TO MED LITERATURE?

GOD BLESS YOU IN YOUR STRUGGLE WITH THIS STUFF. :shock:

You donโ€™t provide a whole lot of info here, but I am assuming that you are a lady?

If I am right about this, I would make the assumption that a cyclic pattern would indicate a ladies monthly cycle being the culprit. It is known that a ladies cycle can and will trigger migraines, amongst other things. I have even communicated with women with meniereโ€™s disease that have problems with vertigo attacks and their monthly cycle. Again, if you are a lady, I would look into your monthly cycle being the trigger, but not the culprit.

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to post a comment.
Kind of interesting but not sure that is the cause.
Why do children get cyclical vertigo. Cannot find much about it.

I definately get worse during PMT. I have been taking a diary for the past 9 months or so.
Michaela