Cymbalta

Hi,

I’ve been on Cymbalta for 8 months now. I never experienced any nausea. I take it morning and night at 20 mg each time. It has helped, but I find I’m still having some anxiety and dizziness, and like all of us, am wondering if this is as good as it gets? I added BusPar to the mix about 2 months ago. It seemed to help my anxiety, but increased dizziness … then after a while, I think the anxiety came back. I just got back from a full check up at the Mayo clinic and the doctor there told me she gets a lot of people telling her BuSpar makes them feel crappy, although it does ease the anxiety. So for now I am trying to titrate off BuSpar.

Just FYI

Kelley

Kelley, do you remember how long it took you before you felt better on the cymbalta? It’s been about 4 days and I just feel plain old strange (beyond the usual MAV strangeness) with mild headache, perhaps a bit more dizziness, and jittery. However, this is worlds better than the other antidepressants I’ve tried since the MAV started. Just wondering if you experienced a “worse before better” effect or if I’m kidding myself here.

HI Adrir,
Sorry for my delayed response…I just saw this. You probably have already gotten some answers by now. BUt for the record…it wasn’t a worse before better response. I did feel a little amped up, but that only lasted a few days and the Klonapin helpled wipe it out. I have felt that weirdness when starting some meds…but it usually subsides…the only time I got worse as things went on was on Effexor. Now here’s the kicker…I just started adding a little bit to my cocktail in the last week and it seems to be helping. Dr. Hain is so adamant about it being the best med for the visual dizziness, that I just thought I woiuld see if it would help. THe Cymbalta never really got rid of it, although it made it much better.
Please let me know how you are doing?
Kelley

I stopped the Cymbalta about a day after my comment to you – was just feeling too darn strange. I am not taking anything right now and think I may just stay that way until after my wedding in October because even though I don’t feel great, it’s better than dealing with the emotional and physical effects of a medication that isn’t helpful, or worse, makes things worse :\

I also wonder about Effexor because I feel like I gave up on it without giving it a full chance. It was the first med I tried and I was super nervous about withdrawal if I had to get off it, so on the first day I upped my dosage and got so nauseous to the point I threw up, I was done with it. But I had been on it for about a month without a problem and it may have done a little something for me as I had a constant sensation of rocking when this first started that began to subside (though my symptoms changed to other things).