Cymbalta

Has anyone has any success with Cymbalta? My neuro prescribed it on Thursday…just 20mg. I’m going to wait to see what is going on with my eyes before trying it. Anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds always hit my body funny and I usually have many side effects. The only other meds I’ve tried are Nadolol - which I think helped a little bit but at the time I was still having major headaches, so I stopped. I liked it b/c the only side effect I really had was fatigue but otherwise I tolerated it well. I also tried Vivactil - which made me super dizzy, and Verapamil, which I couldn’t take b/c of the extreme dizziness too. Any insight is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks! Colleen

Colleen,
I know of someone who takes Cymbalta. She is a friend of my husband’s and a nurse. She takes it for anxiety, she doesn’t have MAV. But, she has had good luck with it for anxiety. When I started going through this whole MAV thing and I didn’t know what was wrong with me, I would talk to her. She suggested different anxiety/antidepressant drugs to try. She tried Lexapro, Effexor, and is currently on Cymbalta. She doesn’t have any side effects from it. She doesn’t have MAV though. She seems to be doing quite well on it. I am not sure why she switched to Cymbalta. I don’t know if this helps you at all. I just thought I’d tell you of someone who has had good luck with it. Take Care.

Nance