Dealing with Bronchitis - Bad Setback

Can getting sick really cause this much of a set back?? I got hit with a bad case of bronchitis and am on antibiotics. Feeling like I am literally on the roughest seas - I don’t think I have ever experienced rocking this bad. When I lay down I feel like I am sliding all over the place. Its horrible. Has anyone experienced a bad setback while sick and had it clear up? I am terrified that the MAV may just be getting worse and worse…

I am at about 3 weeks on the Verapamil and thought I was having some good days but now this…

This is really, really hard to deal and now of course the depression is really settling in.

Hope others are doing better!!

Alli

Yes, I’ve felt a hell of a lot worse when ill, and my head’s gotten better as my system’s healed.

Also want to remind you, as my sweetheart reminds me, that bits of depression/despair cam simply be a side effect of illness.

I got sick and had Bronchitis type symptoms last week. After a couple of days, my MAV symptoms were horrible. I really think it’s from getting sick and that the MAV stuff will subside. I hope so.:slight_smile:

Ryan

I have bronchitis right now too and feel my MAV symptoms acting up a lot worse. I find that anxiety on top of everything always makes me feel the worst so I’m telling myself it’s from the illness just to keep calm…It sucks but just wanted you to know that you’re not alone!!

I know how you feel, it seems I get every virus that’s around (I work in a hospital). I just got over a cold that definitely set me back. And this morning I woke up with a really sore throat, congestion, headache the works again! It stinks, I think our systems can only handle so much at a time
I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks everyone. The bronchitis is actually a better but the rocking and tilting is still bad. Going to try a xanax tonight… neuro said it was ok even while sick so I’ll just do a very small dose.

— Begin quote from ____

Also want to remind you, as my sweetheart reminds me, that bits of depression/despair cam simply be a side effect of illness

— End quote

David - This is a great reminder, thanks for this. I do tend to despair and then freak out that I am getting that depressed feeling - this really helps to keep things in perspective.

Suki & Ryan - Hope you are both feeling better soon too!!

Alli