Depression-Bipolar

Has anyone ever heard of someone ever presenting with MAV or migraine with just depression or manic episodes, fatigue, body aches, brain fog but no headache. My brother presents with these symptoms at the same time of year that my migraines/vertigo is most severe. He goes through hell and has been told he has drug-resistant depression. Now I am wondering if he really has depression at all since he gets this at the exact same time as I begin my yearly 6 month hell with migraine. We both have allergies and just wondering if this is the trigger that puts us over the top and sets off the migraine symptoms. Any thoughts?

Just FYI…he does not suffer anxiety at all.

I think its possible as depression very often goes hand in hand with my bad migraines and lifts as the migraine lifts. Also, I get the aching legs and fatigue.

Christine

Check out NIMH » Bipolar Disorder, specifically:

— Begin quote from ____

People with bipolar disorder are also at higher risk for thyroid disease, migraine headaches, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and other physical illnesses. These illnesses may cause symptoms of mania or depression. They may also result from treatment for bipolar disorder.

— End quote

They can go hand in hand, and mimic each other to a degree. He needs a good doc to sort it out. Depression and bipolar are treated differently, so a proper diagnoses is key.