Diagnosis finally

Hi all, I have some very happy new’s, I have a diagnosis from My Neuro.Mav , he has put my on periactin , which is a antihistemine not very invasive drug, non addictive, he told me he’s had some good results with other’s with MAV. it takes weeks to be effective but hopes it will eventualy relieve my rocking together with the verapamil i was put on for the superventricular tachycardia. so I’ll keep you informed of my progress. Yippy!

jen

Hi Jen
Thats good news hope the meds work for you :lol:
best wishes
janet

That’s good to hear. My life took an almost complete turn-around since I got the right dx and finally found the right med. I hope the same works out for you.

thankyou Janet and Brian, I’m happy. I know anydrug will take weeks to show results good or bad, but this is only my second day and I’m rocking much harder than normal, maybe this is a good thing???
it might mean it’s changing something inside my head, I’m a bit worried as to why it would make the rocking worse tough.
sorry dont mean to winge.
hugs jen

Jen,

For me, things started getting better almost immediately, although real slow. It was several weeks before things returned back to almost normal, but things never got worse.

I still get dizzy spells though, so I wonder if this is what you are experiencing. If things don’t start getting better soon, you may want to talk to your doctor about trying a different med.

Brian

Hi Brian were you tried on Periactin?
was it the periactin that fix you fast,
sorry
thanks Jen

Hi Jennyd - That is great news - I hope you see some good effects very soon!

— Begin quote from “jennyd”

Hi Brian were you tried on Periactin?
was it the periactin that fix you fast,
sorry
thanks Jen

— End quote

Jen,

No, I have never tried Periactin. The Med that is currently working for me is Depakote.

Brian

Brian,

What are some of the side affects of Depakote?

Joe

— Begin quote from “joseph0952”

Brian,

What are some of the side affects of Depakote?

Joe

— End quote

The side effects that I experienced were an increase in jaw clenching (causing headaches,) digestion problems, and an over active liver. I have to get a blood test every six months because it is known to cause liver damage, and I keep showing high liver activity, so we keep a close watch on that. We did find that by adding Klonopin into the mix, it took care of most of my headaches caused by the depakote.

I don’t get the mood swings caused by Topomax, and I don’t get the doped up feeling caused by Nuerontin. Those are the two meds that didn’t work for me. The side effects that I mentioned with these two meds are what caused me to quit taking each.

From what I understand, most migraine preventative meds have a list of side effects that the doctors say are supposed to go away after several weeks. With the Topomax, and the Nuerontin, I wasn’t able to get past that point, but I was able to get past it with the Depakote.

One thing you do have to remember though is that these meds will effect everyone differently. Most people won’t expereince the same side effects, or even the same desired effects.

Hi Brian, I’m now on endep(elavil) 20mg a day it’s playing havock with me, dont feel the best, and dizziness is worse plus tinitus, so confused .
dont know if I should just go off it or wait another 3 weeks.
I really feel out of it.
sick of the med merry go round already.
I thought I’d stay on it till I see my neuro in january, but I dont know.
Arrrrrr so not good.
I didnt know migriane could be so hard to get rid of. how do those people with pain cope I have no idea!!!
warm regards jen