Diamond Headache Clinic

Dr Hain has referred me to Dr Merle Diamond of the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago. I will still be seeing Dr Hain as my main physician. We have gone through all of his usual protocols and I still get 50-60 migraines a month with major neuro aspects. He thought it would be good for me to have someone give me an evaluation and treatment from a different perspective. He said they use very different meds from him. In fact their website mentioned Botox which was mentioned on this site! Yesterday, I called via relay, since I am deaf, and their receptionist hung up on me! Not an auspicious beginning! Does anyone else have any experience with this clinic?

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

I’ve never heard of this clinic or the doctor but would think he should be good if recommended by Hain. I can’t believe they hung up? What’s with that? Hmmmm. :?

Scott

It’s not uncommon for people to hang up on relay. It’s fairly slow and people are just not patient. I try not to take it personally. I used to cry when it happened. :frowning:

The good thing is that after I checked the entire website for the clinic, I found an email. Yeah for email!

Claudia

I wish you all the best. I am sorry for your frustrating start with the new clinic. I did want to mention that I know a few treated very successfully with botox for head pain. Unfortunately, I don’t think it helps the dizziness, but at least you can be rid of the head pain.