Do Magnesium Supplements all include MSG?

I´ve been reading on the internet that many types of fillers, binders. and preservatives (basically, anything synthetic or artificial) are actually forms of MSG, which is highly linked to migraine. Maltodexrin, for example which is commonly used as a filler for vitamins and minerals. In fact when i read the ingredient labels of most magnesium supplements so far, they all seem to contain suspicious sounding names. I stopped taing my magnesium supplement for now. Didn´t really notice a big difference while on it.
Is there anyone who can recommend a safe magnesium supplement? What about all these chemical-sounding names that seem to be included even the highest-grade stuff, such as that produced by companies such as Lamberts?

Rhino - I don’t know of any “safe” magnesium supplements, but I wanted to let you know that you need to also watch out for capsules. Almost all capsules are made up of geletin which contains MSG. Gosh, seems like it’s almost impossible to go totally MSG free. I’m supposed to be on a Vitamin D supplement but don’t dare take it because I can’t fine any that are “safe.”

Rhino

I can only tell you my own experience but I use Solgar magnesium citrate without any problems at all. I either rang or emailed (can’t recall which now)the company before starting it and was assured it contained no msg whatsoever. It does however contain a few other ingredients but even as a very med/supplement sensitive individual I’ve never had any trouble whatsoever with them. The downside is that it is not the cheapest brand.

Brenda

I have used Cardiovascular Research Magnesium Taurate 125 mg. capsules for a long time with no problems, and I react to just about Everything. I had to work up to twice a day over time, which was the top dose they recommended on the label.