Dr John Sarno

I first came to this website sometime in 2015 or so I believe and I kept posting my updates and frustration up until 2018 perhaps.
Today I saw an email from this site and I felt bad that I did not go back and update you on the good news. (I am hoping I don’ jinx it.) No doubt, countless other people recovered and forgot to update or just did not want to think about it. A cause for optimism.

95% of the solution:
An MD by the name of John Sarno. I was told about Dr. Sarno many times. And I was told about potential psychosomatic triggers. None of this made sense. Then one day I watched “All the rage”, a documentary about Dr Sarno. Then I picked up his book written for back pain sufferers. I was convinced that the same process is happening to me with respect to migraines. I am someone that is not geared toward alternative treatment, meditation, and positive thinking. Nor am I an optimist. Nor did I believe that the pain is psychosomatic. I am saying this to let you know that - if you are a skeptic - trust me, I am very much of a skeptic too.

Interestingly, while I was browsing through the forum just today I saw so much similarity to the stories told by Sarno. While I don’t encourage it, if money is an issue there are free versions of his book online I think. The documentary costs $5. You can skip it, but I think seeing is believing. It took Howard Stern, Larry David, and countless other skeptical grumpy people talking about their recovery for me to seriously and enthusiastically pick up the book.

I did not only recover from MAV/PCS but of a lot of problems I have been dealing with.
This might sound ridiculous but instead of celebrating I did experience a depression after my recovery. I had to make sense of the years lost in pain that I could have avoided by listening to someone’s advice.

5% of the solution:
This was pre-Sarno. I started taking nurtec whenever I feel a minor symptom of migraine/diziness. It improved symptoms. Life quality got better maybe by 10% or more, cannot recall well. I stopped taking it. I was taking it anywhere between “as needed” to “once/3 days”.

Sorry for my poor writing. I happen to be at the airport. I just thought I should not postpone this post any longer.

I look forward to hear your experiences if anyone decides to try this.

I hope I am not jinxing it. It has only been 9 months that I am sx free and doing things I wouldn’t dream of doing for the last 6 years prior.

Hugs

5 Likes