Dr Larry Robbins & other stuff

I have seen Dr Larry Robbins mentioned several times on these boards. Has anyone here ever seen him for treatment of migraines?

I have decided not to go to the Diamond Clinic, even though Dr Hain recommended them. He also said Dr Robbins is good. But Dr Robbins is not in my insurance plan. I am drowning in medical bills (a familiar problem around here, I imagine). So I was hoping to hear some personal experiences about Larry Robbins to help me make up my mind. Otherwise I may just discuss this some more with Dr Hain when I see him in a few weeks.

Re: the Diamond Clinic: they hung up on me again! and their introductory letter was SO focused on how much money they charged with no mention of “welcome, we are here as a place of healing or something like that”, so I just did not get the right vibes from them. And I went with my gut feeling. I know I can always call them up and make another appointment in the future if I want.

Finally…I wanted to mention…I have been on many internet boards and this is the most caring, informative and supportive forum I have encountered. Thank you very much Scott. I am sure it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to manage it. :slight_smile:
Claudia

— Begin quote from “caglenn”

I have seen Dr Larry Robbins mentioned several times on these boards. Has anyone here ever seen him for treatment of migraines?

I have decided not to go to the Diamond Clinic, even though Dr Hain recommended them. He also said Dr Robbins is good. But Dr Robbins is not in my insurance plan. I am drowning in medical bills (a familiar problem around here, I imagine). So I was hoping to hear some personal experiences about Larry Robbins to help me make up my mind. Otherwise I may just discuss this some more with Dr Hain when I see him in a few weeks.

Re: the Diamond Clinic: they hung up on me again! and their introductory letter was SO focused on how much money they charged with no mention of “welcome, we are here as a place of healing or something like that”, so I just did not get the right vibes from them. And I went with my gut feeling. I know I can always call them up and make another appointment in the future if I want.

Finally…I wanted to mention…I have been on many internet boards and this is the most caring, informative and supportive forum I have encountered. Thank you very much Scott. I am sure it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to manage it. :slight_smile:
Claudia

— End quote

Claudia,

Although I know nothing about either of these doctors or clinics, I would say that I think you have made a good decision on not going somewhere that you do not feel comfortable. This is one of the things that has been the hardest to me to understand is the lack of compassion there seems to be with many of the doctors I have seen. Everything has been very robotic and no outside the box so to speak as far as thinking goes.

I went to a place here in Atlanta and it is supposed to be one of the best in this part of the country but I had that cold non caring feeling when I got there and when I left…I will not go back.

I am still searching for someone that is a good fit for me as I have been very disappointed so far with what I have found out there …but I know there are caring doctors ( I had one years ago he has since retired) it is just a matter of finding them.

It is hard enough to go through this disease much less feel like you are getting the brush off or a non caring doctor or clinic to deal with, we are people not numbers and I think deserve to be treated as such with a lot of compassion and understanding.

I do not mean to complain but this journey would have been easier if I thought I had found the doctor who really showed that level of compassion that is just rare.

I wish you luck in finding the right doctor and yes we have to go with our gut sometimes that is all we have to make a decision! :smiley: