Dr S Update

I am currently doing the migraine diet and I am on 100 mg 3 x a day of pregabalin.

Dr S said I am going in the right direction and said I just need some tweaking. He wants me to start pizotifen as I am unable to up my pregabalin anymore as it gives me an upset stomach

I range from 60% on a bad day up to 75% on a good day (base line).

Computer screens and sleeping are the only triggers I have been able to find

I really don’t feel like I can get to 95%-100% :frowning:

Hi Robert

Did Dr S tell you that 95-100% is likely? You don’t sound too sure anymore. I hope you are ok? Don’t be too downhearted as the pizotifen may work well for you. It’s good that you have been able to identify a few triggers as it is really hard to do I find.

When you say sleeping is a trigger, do you mean oversleeping or not getting enough sleep? Dr Silver has told me to take gabapentin to improve the quality of my sleep. I haven’t got his letter yet so not started on it at the moment.

Remind me how long have you had it now Robert?

I am really disheartened with my relapse. I seem to be a bit less dizzy than I was a few weeks ago and I am grateful for that but I feel like it took so long and was a really tough journey getting to where I was earlier this year and it’s so hard starting from scratch again.

Let’s put our faith in these new meds helping us x

Jem

I thought Dr S told you to add propranolol and gabapentiN not the pregpabalin (excuse the spelling please I am bad with this)

Pitzofen is one of the best what did Dr S say about improvement?

I want to go on pitz but my doctor is being a twat to put it nicely and wont put me on anything new at all.

Im sure things will get better how long have you had this? x

Hi Nabeel

Yes he did tell me to add a beta blocker (I’m not sure which until I get the letter) and gabapentin and I am already on 20mg nori.

I should have asked him if it is possible to get to 95-100% but I think it is I think everyone aims to get there many people have
Both – Over sleeping and under sleeping seem to make me worse
I had this for about 8 months

— Begin quote from “robertgreen99”

I should have asked him if it is possible to get to 95-100% but I think it is I think everyone aims to get there many people have.

I have had this for about 8 months

— End quote

— Begin quote from “robertgreen99”

I should have asked him if it is possible to get to 95-100% but I think it is I think everyone aims to get there many people have
I had this for about 8 months

— End quote

Robert, I too see Dr S. And I know for a fact, that if you’d have asked this question, he would have told you that without a doubt, you will get to 95-100%.
He tells a lot of his patients that he can count on 1 hand the number of people he has not been able to help and that he doesn’t plan on adding another hand!
Last time I saw him, he very much spoke with a view to ridding me of all my symptoms, certainly not settling for 65/70% which is where I told him I was.

I know it’s hard to be positive, I struggle myself. But have faith in Dr S and have faith that the Dr has faith in us. X

Hi missmoss83,
Yeah he told me that on my first appointment about counting on one hand but i though that was more of I can improve you and not get you to 95%-100%
i will see how i go on my new med

Please update on this pitz Ive heard lts of good about it x

Hi all, afternoon

As you know I’m a Dr S patient too. He also told me about the counting on fingers of one hand thing- Rob do you recall that DR S said to me a couple of weeks ago that this will go & you will live a full life again but it will take time. I know it’s hard but as MM says we must out our faith in him. I have some days where I’m a wreck, very dizzy and it’s crap but I also have some days where I feel ok. Sleep is very important - surprisingly he said to me that we aren’t supposed to nap in the day which is strange because 90% of the time I’m desperate for a nap.
I’m guessing the 2 drugs together is your magic number!

Take care rob x

thank you all. I hope so. MAV is such a rollercoaster x