Dr Surenthiran's NHS clinic closing?

That’s certainly going to be a blow cos Dr S seems about top of the tree in UK when it comes to MAV treatment. Consultants with his experience here seem to be like hens teeth. Hope he can relocate to another NHS location. Too much to imagine he might just move somewhere a bit more central where more people could reach him I suppose. To lose him from the NHS would be body blow. Must admit thinking how dependent MAVers may be to him, hope he’s got some apprentices somewhere after all I guess one day he’ll retire. Nobody goes on for ever.

Trouble is NHS is so strapped for cash. Last month I collected repeat prescription to find some 90%of my pills allocation and an IOU! This month I’ve today been given full quota but completely different brand which I may not be able to take because I have previously exp. severe GERD as a result of the different pill coatings brand to brand. So bad this was the GP had to specify one brand only on the prescription and this month I’ve got another brand anyway! Don’t know how far the NHS can go on cutting back before it becomes totally ineffective for some conditions. Helen