Ear sensations, newly diagnoses

I have recently been diagnosed with migrainous vertigo by the National Hospital of Neurology in London. I have been prescribed Topomac (25g building to 100g over a month). My journey to diagnosis has been relatively short compared to many here - 4 months - but feels like a life time to me as my life seemed to have changed radically over the summer. Now I just wish I had asked more questions at my appt. and wonder if anyone here can give some answers!! My main question is: can MAV suddenly appear and present as a one-sided head-zone out? And then can it make you unwell for 8 weeks (I had to have 8 weeks off work). My symptoms have eased over the 8 weeks - I no longer get the sense that my right side head is 2 inches elevated above the left or that novacaine is wearing off on my right eye/ear area, less general malaise, less helium head. However, I do still get daily wooziness/giddiness episodes and bizarre right ear fullness/aching/pricking and a great deal of nausea.
I do get “normal” migraine occasionally too - real corkers of unilateral pain, vomiting, light and sound sensitivity etc, but this constant day to day instability is really life changing. I cannot understand where it came from. I have seen an osteopath who is convinced that this has all been sparked off by a fall I had in July that impacted some cervical neck joints. He has been manipulating my neck for about 5 sessions and to be fair I have been far steadier in my legs since then…but still have the daily giddiness, nausea, some disorientation and ear problems. I am also peri-menopausal ie my periods are all over the place and very hormonal generally.
I am thinking of trying vitamin B2 and magnesium to supplement the topiramate and wondered if anybody had any stories of luck with this?
Any advice really welcome!

In
— Begin quote from “Ali1360”

My main question is: can MAV suddenly appear and present as a one-sided head-zone out? And then can it make you unwell for 8 weeks (I had to have 8 weeks off work).

— End quote

Ali,

Myself, I spent over 18 months of constant disequilbrium/dizziness, so yes untreated, MAV symptoms can be very long term. I don’t know what you mean by “present as a one-sided head-zone out” but my symptoms started all at once, and I can even point you to the date they started, the week my first child was born. So, again yes, MAV can appear out of nowhere.