Everything I like is a trigger!

So Ive recently started trying the diet regime but I need to know, are we even prohibited from eating foods containing tiny amounts of citrus etc? I mean, I’m just trying to find a way around this since my favourite food and drinks are

1)Lemonade (Sprite)
2) Orange soda
3)Chocolate Ice cream and chocolate cake
4) Savoury foods infused/ marinated in lemon

Oh and pretty much EVERYTHING good has cheese in it…

PLEASE tell me the above are ok, because I swear I couldnt live without them!!!

Emily

I am no expert on the diet and I guess it depends on how strict you are being. My neuro only said to avoid caffeine and painkillers in which case everything on your list is ok except chocolate ice cream and cake. However if you are following Dr S’s diet of the 6 C’s then I would assume everything on your list is off limits at least for a while until you start feeling better and then trying to add things back one by one to see if it makes a difference x

I was avoiding not only citrus but even citric acid and citrates. Then I got around to testing citrus’s effect on me, and hey, it doesn’t seem to be one of my triggers. At least this seems to be true of lemon, lime, and orange.

Regarding the !!!, if everything you like is a trigger, that certainly sounds like a simple diet plan. I mean, you don’t have to read ingredient labels, you don’t have to memorize lists, just be conscious of what you like and make sure you don’t eat any of it. An added advantage is that you can eat healthier–just for nutrition, no snacking as a treat. What a lucky, lucky person you are compared to migraineurs who have to hunt up or dream up okay recipes to make some of the dishes we like!!!

(Okay, I’m a kibbitzer.)

it depends what diet your following

Apparently citric acid is ok. Citrus can be a trigger for some people. I would say the odd sprite is ok as i doubt it has hardly any citrus in it. It might have aspartame in it though which can be a trigger for some people