Favorite Quotes

Thought we could use some inspiration around these parts of the woods.
If you have any of your favs saved, post them! :smiley:

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
–Steve Jobs

“Only those who attempt the absurd will ever achieve the impossible.”
– Albert Einstein

“It doesn’t matter what you know, it matters what you do with what you know.”
– Goethe

“To move the world, we must first move ourselves.”
– Socrates

“What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible.”
– Theodore Roethke

“Whatever you can do, or dream you can - begin it - boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”
– Goethe

now you guys are really going to think i’m weird for finding inspiration in this, please read with an open mind:

Of all the worn, smudged, dog-eared words in our vocabulary “love” is surely the grubbiest, smelliest, slimiest. Bawled from a million pulpits, lasciviously crooned through hundreds of millions of loudspeakers. It has become an outrage to good taste and decent feeling, an obscenity which one hesitates to pronounce. And yet it has to be pronounced, for, after all, love is the last word.

• Aldous Huxley

I don’t think you or the quote is weird at all! :smiley:

Heather

I can’t for the life of me remember who authored this:

“Do not be conformed to this time and space, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind”

LOL

Can anybody take a stab at the author of the following:

The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehehd only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religion.

My buddy: Albert :smiley:

The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.
–Gloria Steinham

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
–Martin Luther King, Jr.

Here are a couple of my favorite Joseph Campbell quotes:

And so Galahad decided that it would be a disgrace to set off on a quest with the other knights. Alone he would enter the dark forest where there was no path. This is the myth of the hero’s journey.

Looking back over the course of one’s own days and noticing how encounters and events that appeared at the time to be accidental became the crucial structuring features of an unintended life story through which the potentialities of one’s character were fostered to fulfillment, one may find it difficult to resist the notion of the course of one’s biography as comparable to that of a cleverly constructed novel, wondering who the author of the surprising plot can have been…

:slight_smile:

I just came across this quote, but i have no idea who authored it:

Lord Christ, Lord Vishnu, and all the others of whatever name,
let everyone in the world who suffers

have a day off, putting their lips
to the holy wine, to the holy waters.

I would love a day off from suffering.
I’m not allowed, I guess :frowning:

Heather