Feeling Hopeless :-(

Well im sure many of you know how it is dealing with this you have days where your so sure youll get better someday and others when you swear youll be like this forever. You almost feel bi polar lol. Im curently in the mood of feeling like this is my life forever and i just have to deal with it. Im about to turn 19 and ive been like this for a year. Pretty much constant dizziness (swaying and rocking feeling) I have had migraines sinc i was 16 and have had all the other tests for dizziness and my neuroligist is about as certian as you can get that its MAV. Im about to start on verapamil and keeping my fingers crossed but hate to get too hopeful. Ive been on topamaz which totally got rid of my migraines but made me feel dumb and totally messed up my mind and then ami but it made me crazy anxious. So im really looking for a shoulder to cry on almost haha or some words of encouragement i would also love it if anyone would be interested in kinda keeping up with eachother and messaging eachother for support. Let me know. Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Sent you a PM

Sorry to hear that you are struggling chelsea. Im close to your age and I totally know how it is! Ive had some type of dizziness issue for 1 year and 6 months. Sometimes it feels like I am never going to get better, but we eventually will! I just had surgery to fix a perilymph fistula (inner ear leak), but it is not a quick fix surgery. It still takes a long time to recover from the vestibular damage, and the problems with inner ear fluid balance after closing the leak. Lets hope that 2012 is a good year for both of us! :smiley:

I think we have all been in your shoes from time to time. I’m 34 now but I’ve had this for most of my life, I remember being your age and feeling that way too. Things do get better! Thank God we have the internet to support each other, imagine if this was 40 years ago and you were fighting this alone. You aren’t fighting this alone, we are all here for you!

— Begin quote from “ichbindarren”

Sorry to hear that you are struggling chelsea. Im close to your age and I totally know how it is! Ive had some type of dizziness issue for 1 year and 6 months. Sometimes it feels like I am never going to get better, but we eventually will! I just had surgery to fix a perilymph fistula (inner ear leak), but it is not a quick fix surgery. It still takes a long time to recover from the vestibular damage, and the problems with inner ear fluid balance after closing the leak. Lets hope that 2012 is a good year for both of us! :smiley:

— End quote

Yeah its really discouraging sometime when you hear of all the people dealing with the dizziness for SO long. But noramally i am hopeful that it will get better and ill be able to lead a normal life. I hope your rcovery goes well and you start doing really well :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from “cartnurse”

I think we have all been in your shoes from time to time. I’m 34 now but I’ve had this for most of my life, I remember being your age and feeling that way too. Things do get better! Thank God we have the internet to support each other, imagine if this was 40 years ago and you were fighting this alone. You aren’t fighting this alone, we are all here for you!

— End quote

Im glad to hear someone who had it at my age and is doing alot better :slight_smile: I worry about never being able to work or support myself or do all the things i hoped i would be doing later in life. So hopefully thats not the case and we can get this under control soon. thanks so much for the reply