Food.....I need HELP!

Hello. I must admit that I LIVE On fast food and prepackaged foods! I dont even know how or where to begin with this diet!!! I just wanna CRY! Seems that I cannot eat much of anything! Please when you go to the store what do you buy? Not looking for fancy meals or recipes, just quick things you whip up, or things you CAN buy frozen or prepackaged! I love to eat the Valley Frewsh steamers, but there is cheese in some. I like progresso soups (no MSG added I am LOST, I am stressin about not having anything to eat, I wanna give this my FULL effort cause I HATE meds!!! Please help me, tell me what you eat and what you buy

Thanks Donna

This may be the opportunity of a lifetime to learn to cook! lol. But I eat eggs, butter, chicken, fish, turkey, rice, pasta, vegetables and fruit, I think it was Dr. Rauch who said to buy from the periphery of the grocery store and to avoid the center aisles where there is mostly packaged and prepared food.

For your own fast food, you can make yourself a big pot of rice that you keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator, broccoli can be steamed in five minutes, and you can buy chicken breasts that you can season with salt, garlic powder, or whatever suits your fancy, cut the meat into pieces and then stir fry. It also takes about 5 minutes. When you get more adventurous, I think there are recipes on this forum Good luck, it’s hard at the beginning, but slowly over time you will get used to it, and it will give you a new preoccupation besides how dizzy you are feeling! :lol:

A simple tomato sauce goes a long way, is versatile, and keeps fresh in fridge for a week. Put olive oil, chopped garlic, a bit of basil or parsley in a saucepan and heat. Then add 1-2 tins of tomatoes bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 mins or so ( check not burning) si it’s slight reduced. Add salt and pepper if u like.

This can be used in many ways now. Straight with pasta, mixed with roast veg and served with pasta or rice or baked potatoes. Roasted veg eg. Courgettes, aubergine, pumpkin, bell peppers, sweet potato, tomatoes, etc. Are really easy. Put on baking tray with olive oil and roast on low heat for 30-40 mins.

You can microwave jacket spuds and have them with anything. Also, pan fry fish in olive oil and a bit of black pepper, or chicken done in same way.

Or one pot stews are good. You can shove it all in the pot and leave for hours to cook while u go out or whatever.

Try Googling ‘20 minutes recipes’ for quick and easy ideas.

Hope this helps!

Dizzy Izzy x