For some of our new members

MAV can be a crummy disease. I am actually a pretty optimistic person, but I have been discouraged during this past month. I have been feeling worse than usual and my Mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Two weeks ago the barometric pressure was all over the place and my body was revolting. I am deaf and misunderstood what my husband signed to me. i became VERY discouraged- thinking very dark thoughts. Thank goodness I could talk to my husband and learn that I had misunderstood him. But I was also helped by this forum and that is why I am writing today.

There is another area that is worth checking out: The Front Porch. When I am feeling down, I read the “Quotes of the Day” with the beautiful pictures. It helps me get a better perpective. It often helps me get to sleep and somehow the world seems a bit brighter the next morning. Thank you Timeless. You have made most of the contributions.

I think it is an area that is too good to miss. I hope others feel better when they check out this area too. Also, check out the success stories. It’s great to know that people really do get better! :slight_smile:

Claudia

— Begin quote from “caglenn”

MAV can be a crummy disease. I am actually a pretty optimistic person, but I have been discouraged during this past month. I have been feeling worse than usual and my Mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Two weeks ago the barometric pressure was all over the place and my body was revolting. I am deaf and misunderstood what my husband signed to me. i became VERY discouraged- thinking very dark thoughts. Thank goodness I could talk to my husband and learn that I had misunderstood him. But I was also helped by this forum and that is why I am writing today.

There is another area that is worth checking out: The Front Porch. When I am feeling down, I read the “Quotes of the Day” with the beautiful pictures. It helps me get a better perpective. It often helps me get to sleep and somehow the world seems a bit brighter the next morning. Thank you Timeless. You have made most of the contributions.

I think it is an area that is too good to miss. I hope others feel better when they check out this area too. Also, check out the success stories. It’s great to know that people really do get better! :slight_smile:

Claudia

— End quote

Claudia I am glad that you have enjoyed the quotes as they help me get through many a day. I am sorry about your Mom as I can relate my mom was diagnosed last year and now lives in a nursing home and Dad lives with us. He is still in good health overall and visits her almost everyday.

I hope that you will have better days ahead and find some comfort in knowing that others care and can relate to your circumstance both personally and with your Mom. Please feel free to PM me anytime as I know how difficult that road is when your parents are ill and especially now since I can not be as much help as would like and have in the past.

I posted a few new stories that I enjoyed…

I too have some really dark days sometimes. Days when I crumple into a ball and just cry and scream and think really bad thoughts. But I have better days too, and I am so thankful for those moments of peace. For a while, I think one of the worst parts was not knowing what the heck was wrong with me, thinking I was the only person in the world who had ever experience such crazy symptoms. I thought that no one else could possibly understand what I was going through. But now I know that there are others out there like me, and even though it’s so horrible that we all have MAV, at least we can be in this together.

Claudia - I am so sorry about your mother’s dx. It is so difficult to deal with anything else when we are feeling so ill. I wish you and everyone much, much better days ahead. I am so glad that you have a supportive husband. It is so crucial to have support through this horrible illness.

So very sorry to hear about your Mom, I am a nurse…I see Alzheimer’s every day…but I know it’s different when it’s your own Mama. I pray she can be kept safe and comfortable. And I pray for you, with this added stress in your life, that you will have support, be able to rest, etc. MAV on top of everything- just a very difficult thing.
Take care.

Hi Claudia,
I too am so sorry to hear about your mom’s diagnosis. Know that we are all thinking about you.
All my best,
lisa