Gabapentin I love you!

hi tony how r u are u still doing well on the pizotifen?

I’m new to gabapentin having started it a month ago. I’m now on 1500mg, increasing to 1800mg next week and sticking there for a couple of months to see if it kicks in. I’m also on 2.5 mg of pizotifen. It’s hard to say if it’s having any effect yet except that I have had less dizziness in the afternoons recently and I had absolutely no side effects which made it easy to get stuck into. I 'm really pleased it’s working for others and I do actually hold out hope that it might also for me.

It’s so weird how different drugs can help different symptoms. The pizotifen seemed to get rid of the rocking while this one might be helping with the general dizziness. Unfortunately the other main event for me is balance, which is terrible today - probably because I had a large Bailey’s last night which was a big mistake! Hopefully I’ll be declaring my love too some time soon…

Glad you are feeling so much better Lizzie!! However, for you to throw the Lyme diagnosis away IMO isn’t wise. If I am correct, you only used doxy to treat and for a very short time. Just saying that it takes mutlipe abx and time for you to feel better with lyme. Like I said I’m glad you feel better, just don’t want to clear that up.

Lisa

lisa how r u feeling these days? what meds r u on now?

— Begin quote from “sarahd”

hi tony how r u are u still doing well on the pizotifen?

— End quote

Hi Sarah.
Hanging in there - on 1.5mg Pizotifen per day, along with (currently 2000mg Gabapentin). I’m trying to reduce gabapentin down to 1600mg per day, due to low mood which might be improved by lowering Gabapentin. Only problem is, I’ve had a bit of a rough ride reducing the Gabapentin - insomnia (which I’ve never had in my life!) and some headaches. Also, dizziness is not great lately - can’t believe this sh*t is still around over 5 years in!
Tony.

Thanks everyone! Xxx

Hi Tony,

Sorry hear the dizziness isn’t great- do u think the pizotifen isnt working as well? or do u think the added dizziness is from reducing the gabapentin?

— Begin quote from “sarahd”

Hi Tony,
Sorry hear the dizziness isn’t great- do u think the pizotifen isnt working as well? or do u think the added dizziness is from reducing the gabapentin?

— End quote

Hi Sarah,
the dizziness was ‘off’ a little before reducing the Gabapentin, but then again, I’ve had a lot of changes to work through over the past few months - redundancy, and then new job, etc.
The Pizotifen has always worked wonders for me, it really has, but perhaps it’s losing its effectiveness over time? I really must re-double my efforts to chill-out this year - meditation, etc. I still wonder whether, if extreme stress caused all this, whether the opposite (extreme chill-out(?) :wink: ) can help fix things. I suspect it will take a prolonged period of calming the mind before seeing any results, if at all.
Tony.

That is such great news.
I know others on here have gotten better with Gabapentin (Muppo for instance). Seems like a good thing to try, and supposedly the side effects are minimal…sleepiness I believe.

Thanks for sharing and go out there and keep enjoying your life!

Hugs,
Kelley