Gabapentin: Is it worth a try?

What dose were you on? I find it helpful for sleep at 100-200mg. It also dampens the bad migraine days for me, especially the evening ones that disturb my sleep.

I don’t recall the dosage. It was prescribed for sciatic nerve pain. This was a couple of years before my VM symptoms got bad.

Hi.I didn’t have much luck with the Gabapentin. It gave me muscle twitches so I was forced to stop it. I sympathize with feeling worse on Nortriptyline. That is what happened to me too!

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but wanted to weigh in in case anyone has the same question, since it seems Ive had a different experience from others! I am on 1800 mg of gabapentin (600 mg 3x per day) which is a high dose, but it virtually cured my VM. Before the gabapentin I had debilitating VM & was probably going to have to put off grad school/stop work because of how sick I was (this was about a year ago). Now I rarely have any significant migraines, and even the low grade symptoms are not super frequent. I am confident it’s the gabapentin because a couple times I did not refill my prescription before running out of the pills and I was almost immediately bowled over by terrible symptoms. I’d definitely recommend giving gabapentin a chance at higher doses!